jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

How long should I wait before I harvest my pineapple?

1. cebutouristspot profile image75
    cebutouristspotposted 4 years ago

How long should I wait before I harvest my pineapple?

I have a few pineapple plant around my house and the first time I made a harvest it didnt taste so good.  Anybody know how long should I wait before harvesting them to get the best condition/taste as possible.  The middle part of the plant just show a small fruit growing a few days ago so I can still track it.  Please help.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7864405_f260.jpg

2. MickS profile image73
    MickSposted 4 years ago

I saw a recent article on tv about this, if my memory serves me well, it is three years from planting to cropping.

1. cebutouristspot profile image75
      cebutouristspotposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yes. You are correct its about 3 to 4 years but I am asking how long should I wait before harvesting the pineapple when you start seeing the fruit.  The picture above is taken 7 days ago.

2. MickS profile image73
      MickSposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Cropping/harvesting, same meat different gravy, it takes 3years growth before pineapples are ready to pick and eat.

3. DrMark1961 profile image99
    DrMark1961posted 4 years ago

Do you know if anyone in your area grows pineapple? The fruit harvested in this area of Brazil taste horrible, even if you wait until they are full sized and succulent, usually a few months after the view in your photo (at least where I live). In Rio Grande de Norte, however, the pineapple plantations have fruit that tastes really good.
    It may not be your fault. Some soils (like those in my front yard) just produce pineapples that taste like dirt.
    The taste of the fruit also depends on the variety. Where did you obtain your cuttings?

working