jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What social issue are you most concerned about?

1. TheLifeExperiment profile image58
    TheLifeExperimentposted 6 years ago

What social issue are you most concerned about?

2. pagesvoice profile image84
    pagesvoiceposted 6 years ago

I am most concerned about the War on Women and "Yes" there is a war on women from equal pay to contraception to freedom of choice to Planned Parenthood.

3. ZIa Ahmed khan profile image79
    ZIa Ahmed khanposted 6 years ago

@ I have very much concerned about increasing tendency of youths towards use of  drugs and alcohol.
    The second issue is gambling and smoking this all are destroying the future of society.

4. whonunuwho profile image78
    whonunuwhoposted 6 years ago

The seemingly accepted social interpretation of freedom of the press and media participation of vial, vulgar, and highly inappropriate elements that are gaining momentum and in the process, destroying our country from the inside.

5. YUMMommy profile image61
    YUMMommyposted 6 years ago

The downward spiral of today's youth is a huge concern for me.  It seems like more and more young people becoming more involved in drugs, underage drinking, gangs and especially bullying.  I read just the other day that Chicago has already had 120 gang related murders this year and it's only April.  Over half those murders were young people.

It's very worrisome to see that such an alarming rater of young people seem to think that violence and rebelling is cool or the way to be heard.  These are suppose to be our future leaders but how can they lead us when we're old if they can't properly lead themselves?  It's a scary thought for sure.

6. Josak profile image59
    Josakposted 6 years ago

The exponentially growing number of people below the poverty line in the US.

7. taw2012 profile image60
    taw2012posted 6 years ago

I am very  much concerned about the increasing gap between rich and poor. This is the root cause for most other social issues.

8. Becky Katz profile image83
    Becky Katzposted 6 years ago

Homelessness and hunger. I can not decide which is worse. I even wrote a hub about helping the homeless.

working