jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Anyone ever used the Space Saver Bag for storing clothes?

1. jaydawg808 profile image91
    jaydawg808posted 4 years ago

Anyone ever used the Space Saver Bag for storing clothes?

What do you think of them & what is your review?

2. solarcompanies profile image68
    solarcompaniesposted 4 years ago

Yes, I have used them.  There are ups and downs.  First the ups - they really do save a lot of space and they are easy to use.  The downs - even a tiny puncture from wear and tear renders them inoperable.  I used to use them for travel and on average i would get maybe three trips out of them.  Then again, I am not the most careful person in the world.  Also, with airplane weights so low, if you were thinking to use them for travel, you would need to be careful to not go over weight in even a modest sized suitcase with them.

3. Lavender Jade profile image83
    Lavender Jadeposted 4 years ago

I have used them too, and they are really good, but as solar companies says, they can leak, and for some unknown reason mine have, I think the valve became loose.  I did not pay a lot for them so I think if you get better quality bags then the valves might last a bit longer. The clothes inside, stayed fresh and not creased either.  I would recommend them, I put all our holiday clothes in them, the ones that we only really take when going away.  They do stay clean fresh and are easy to store.  Worth a go.  Good for big woolly jumpers too.

1. jaydawg808 profile image91
      jaydawg808posted 4 years agoin reply to this

This sounds great to me!

4. GiblinGirl profile image84
    GiblinGirlposted 4 years ago

I tried something like the space saver bag for traveling but I found it to be more of a hassle.  It was kind of like a giant ziploc bag - no vacuum needed so you just kind of squished the air out.  I got the same effect using a regular plastic grocery bag.