jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

What are your favorite DIY projects?

1. harmony155 profile image70
    harmony155posted 4 years ago

What are your favorite DIY projects?

2. fpherj48 profile image77
    fpherj48posted 4 years ago

harmony....This should be a fun question to answer.  I really enjoy home projects, even more than I did years ago, since I have more time to invest now.  One of my favorite things to do, is choose a room and plan a complete Re-Do!
    I will strip the room, totally, of furnishings, decor, window coverings..., old flooring...right down to a bare room of 4 walls.
    I will write down and draw, the vision I have for a new room.  I include colors, style, arrangement of furnishings....I may reupholster, paint, design an art wall..etc.  I choose pieces of furniture, replacing some by trading from one room to another. or picking up a very different piece, often from a used furniture store...(I like older pieces that have some character and subtle signs of age).  I will change the lighting, and always somehow, manage to add a book case, filled with many from throughout the house.  Finally, I try to do something unique, for the floor.
    I estimate what I can spend, both money and time......and then go to work, at my own pace.  I like to take before, during and after pictures and then place them in my "Home Projects" Album, with dates and my original plans.  A secondary reason I do this, is because I'm happy and proud to say, no one would BELIEVE me when I took credit for a room.....they'd accuse me of paying an expert and just saying I did it.   That angered and flattered me, at the same time!  LOL.
    Through the years, I have surprised and even amazed myself at what I can do, if my heart is in it!   
    This little hobby of mine was instilled in me by my very talented Dad....as I walked behind him, where ever he went, watching him transform my childhood home.  He was a patient and wise man, with no sons, but a "Tom-Girl," daughter.  I had my own toolbelt at age 6!   LOL   I have never attempted plumbing...and I doubt I ever will!

1. harmony155 profile image70
      harmony155posted 4 years agoin reply to this

What a wonderful talent and love you have for decorating!

3. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

Piano bench, calligraphy projects, using old crates as bookshelves (makes a homely feel), crates as a coffee table, gardening projects, etc. There are always some fun ones to find.

working