What can you do about rabbits eating your garden plants and yard bushes?

1. denise.w.anderson profile image92
    denise.w.andersonposted 4 years ago

What can you do about rabbits eating your garden plants and yard bushes?

We planted some barberry bushes around the perimeter of our yard, and the rabbits love them!

2. Benjimester profile image94
    Benjimesterposted 4 years ago

Rabbits are vermin.  Hate those things.  When I ran a landscaping business, we used to use cayenne pepper mixed into water with baby lotion and mouthwash and spray it on the grass.  Rabbits wouldn't touch it.  An electronic pest repeller is a good alternative if you don't have a pet of your own.  You can usually find ones with batteries and sit them next to your plants.  Emits a high frequency noise that animals hate.

3. Rosie writes profile image83
    Rosie writesposted 4 years ago

I have always had problems with deer eating my rosebushes and hydrangeas.  I have tried covering them with netting, spraying them with store-bought spray, and planting them close to my house.  None of these ideas worked well.  I did some searching and decided to try my own concoction which has worked very well.  I mix water with crushed garlic, enough so that it is very pungent.  If you buy the already crushed garlic in a container, you can simply pour the oil/juices from the container into the water so that you won't have to strain the mixture.  Place this in a spray bottle and spray your plants once a week or more if there are rainy days. You can also add some liquid soap but not too much as it coats the leaves of the plants, preventing them from absorbing water and nutrients.  I don't see why this won't work to deter rabbits as well.  Good luck!

working