jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

How often do you burn candles and what are your reasons for doing so?

1. LastRoseofSummer2 profile image86
    LastRoseofSummer2posted 4 years ago

How often do you burn candles and what are your reasons for doing so?

Do you burn candles to create atmosphere (romantic, creepy, etc.)? Is it to help cut down on your electric bill? Do candles play a part in any kind of religious affiliation you have?

2. CraftytotheCore profile image82
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

I use candles in my home for aroma.  I like the scent of lavender which helps with a feeling of calmness, especially when I'm working on crafts.

I also like apple scents for the kitchen. 

Around the holidays I burn candles that remind me of winter and Christmas.

I use them to help reduce stress for the most part.

1. LastRoseofSummer2 profile image86
      LastRoseofSummer2posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I love lavender too.

3. loveofnight profile image80
    loveofnightposted 4 years ago

I have one burning right now, whenever I want to unwind; especially when I am soaking in the tub with the lights out. It gives a calming atmosphere to the room an allows my mind to drift into peaceful thoughts. The one that I am burning right now has a very thin piece of wood beside the wick, which gives off a crackling sound as if I have logs burning in the fire place. I love these things and every time I go to the dollar store I make sure that I load up.

4. edhan profile image61
    edhanposted 4 years ago

I burn candle for aroma effect for the oil scent used. It creates a soothing environment of relaxation for my family members.

5. annajazz profile image83
    annajazzposted 4 years ago

To freshen up the house mostly. I find that those air freshener sprays are just to concentrated. They are also wonderful for date night dinners.

6. cat on a soapbox profile image98
    cat on a soapboxposted 4 years ago

I use candles for ambience and for short term odor control or aromatherapy (10-15 min.) I have recently switched to battery operated tea lights and pillars except in the fireplace because they are safer. Some of these have built in timers. We often get power outages at this time of the year, and they allow ample illumination to move through the house. Also in event of an earthquake where gas lines may leak, flames are not safe.

Closed to reply

working