Where can I buy an affordable home or condo on the West Coast of the United Stat

1. Availiasvision profile image83
    Availiasvisionposted 3 years ago

Where can I buy an affordable home or condo on the West Coast of the United States?

Under $100,000 and in a safe neighborhood.

2. lisavollrath profile image96
    lisavollrathposted 3 years ago

If you're looking for somewhere actually on the coast, nowhere. You might be able to find something inland in Oregon or Washington, but I'm pretty sure California doesn't have anything in that price range, good neighborhood or bad.

(I grew up in California, and left to go to grad school. I've been trying to move back for 20 years, but I own a home in Texas, and what I pay in mortgage wouldn't rent me a studio apartment in the ghetto.)

3. Edward J. Palumbo profile image87
    Edward J. Palumboposted 3 years ago

I lived in Orange County (CA) for more than 25 years before my family and I relocated to the Northwest (with no regrets). I live in Tualatin, a safe neighborhood, but know of nothing in this area that fits that price point. I've found lots in the Maupin, Oregon, area - a 2-hour drive from my home - for $49,000 and homes for less than 100K but year-round employment in this area may be difficult to find. Bend, Oregon is a good choice for a living environment with convenient access to outdoor recreation and a great variety of housing options, but I'm not current on the real estate market or the area's employment profile.
    I'd ask you to consider the Hood Canal and Puget Sound for quality of life and the communities on the west side of the Hood Canal are very attractive. We're discussing Shelton, Hoodsport and other communities in that area. Cities such as Port Townsend, Port Angeles and Sequim are very attractive, close to the sea and national forests. You may want to consider Jefferson County (WA). Real estate prices have risen dramatically in these towns.cities in the years I've lived here, but there are properties in the suburbs that may meet your price point. There are affordable homes to be found in the area, and I'll try to supply leads to realtors, though your internet search will be as effective as mine. I'll discuss it with someone more knowledgeable than I and get back to you.

working