jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Have you ever been homeless?

1. Joel Diffendarfer profile image92
    Joel Diffendarferposted 3 years ago

Have you ever been homeless?

I've lived in the woods for over a year.  I lived in a warehouse.  I've lived in a burned out garage.  And all the while, I continued to write.  I know how to survive.  I went from100k/year to nothing...yet, here I am...not homeless...still writing.  Have you ever been homeless or know somebody who has?  (and now, is not?)

2. bmuses profile image59
    bmusesposted 3 years ago

Yes as a child. We lived in a car for a while until a family member took us in. Never as an adult though..!

3. junkseller profile image83
    junksellerposted 3 years ago

I lived in a tent for 18 months. I didn't really consider it being homeless though. I had a job and was in school so had access to the showers, etc.

Still it was an interesting experience. The most useful lesson of which was learning that 99% of the stuff in our lives is pretty much just clutter.

1. Robert the Bruce profile image59
      Robert the Bruceposted 3 years agoin reply to this

That's very interesting, junkseller. Do you still think like that? I mean that most of the things in our lives are just clutter? I think I'm becoming more minimalist myself.

2. junkseller profile image83
      junksellerposted 3 years agoin reply to this

To an extent. I'm older and less hardy so place much more value on superficial comforts. Plus there is no harm in a little clutter. Even so, condensing my life down to less stuff is almost always on my mind to some degree.