jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

How Do You Clean a FUTON mattress?

1. Lady Guinevere profile image60
    Lady Guinevereposted 3 years ago

How Do You Clean a FUTON mattress?

I have had a FUTON mattress for a long time.  I want to clean it but I do not know how.  It is very heavy to lift as it was when I bought it.

2. Kylyssa profile image96
    Kylyssaposted 3 years ago

I'd suggest spot cleaning any surface stains however you prefer and then sprinkling the whole mattress with baking soda, brushing the baking soda into it and letting it sit for a few hours. Then vacuum it off on your vacuum cleaner's highest suction setting. Then I'd suggest using a steam cleaner (of the sort used to clean carpet and upholstery, not the ones used only for bare floor disinfection) all over it according to the steam cleaner's instructions.

The cleaning solutions formulated for removing pet odors and stains also work very well on human odors and stains like sweat, feet, lingering gas, and food spills as well as on some types of mildew odors.

Lady Guinevereposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you very much.  I never got notified of this answer or the other one either. I will keep this in mind come spring when I can put it outside on my back deck.

3. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

try vacuum the mattress, first pick up the bits and then vacuum, then use damp cloth to wipe and leave the fan on

Lady Guinevereposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for answering.  I did not get a notification that anyone answered this at all.

Closed to reply

working