Weekly Topic Inspiration: Cleaning Guides for Dummies

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (25 posts)
  1. Simone Smith profile image88
    Simone Smithposted 12 years ago

Weekly Topic Inspiration: Cleaning Guides for Dummies

As I did some housekeeping this weekend, I found myself Googling around for good cleaning guides and was surprised by the dearth of helpful articles out there. Because cleaning guides are a home-related topic, they typically get good ad revenues. What's more, we all have to clean, so everyone has at least a few time-saving tips to share.  Why not cash in on those tips? Join the Weekly Topic Inspiration crew this week by sharing some of your best cleaning guides and advice!

Stop by our forum thread for useful keywords and community support: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/86893

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5759652_f260.jpg

2. Sharon McConnell profile image60
    Sharon McConnellposted 12 years ago

I have a recipe for Homemade Cleaner.  You can use it all  over the house, it really streamlines things!  I also include a few tips for cleaning too!

http://sharonmcconnell.hubpages.com/hub … ose-Recipe

3. cherylone profile image89
    cheryloneposted 12 years ago

Hints for fast cleaning and keeping your home smelling sweet in between heavier cleanings. read more

4. Nell Rose profile image91
    Nell Roseposted 12 years ago

What to do when your Vacuum Cleaner breaks down. Don't panic here are a few tips that will get your carpets sparkling clean. read more

5. brittanytodd profile image89
    brittanytoddposted 12 years ago

This article will help you remove stains from wood, clothes, and carpet using items you can find in your cupboard including vinegar, baking soda, and borax. read more

6. Attikos profile image82
    Attikosposted 12 years ago

Housecleaning is highly specialized work involving dangerous chemicals, electrical equipment, and contact with deadly biological organisms. It's best left to trained professionals.

7. kat11 profile image61
    kat11posted 12 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5764520_f260.jpg

Cleaning any size house if you don't enjoy it can be hectic. Here are a few easy and fun ways to have children help beginning at a young age. There are a few neat tricks for those parents that work when you don't have the energy to clean. You can actually get a good work out when you clean your house especially before the holidays.

8. barryrutherford profile image76
    barryrutherfordposted 12 years ago

I know that Summer is just about with us at least here in Australia. I also know for sure that many of you living busy lives will have paid scant regard for giving your home your living environment a good Spring Clean. And yes often it is the... read more

9. brittanytodd profile image89
    brittanytoddposted 12 years ago

This article will show you how to clean those though stains with environmentally-friendly products including baking soda and vinegar to rid of smoke odors, lime deposits and more. read more

10. K9keystrokes profile image82
    K9keystrokesposted 12 years ago

A Green Oven-Cleaning formula that really works! Get the grime and grease out of the oven with this simple and easy homemade by you product. read more

11. Teresa Coppens profile image91
    Teresa Coppensposted 12 years ago

For less toxic and more cost effective clean-up, vinegar for everyday clean-up and sidewalk chalk for stubborn stains are essentials in your cleaning arsenal!!! read more

12. Millionaire Tips profile image91
    Millionaire Tipsposted 12 years ago

http://millionairetips.hubpages.com/hub … f-Cleaning

Raising the Standard of Cleaning
    I read this topic, and wrote the article before coming back to report that I wrote it.

13. K9keystrokes profile image82

Green laundry formulas for supper clean and fresh clothes!Getting your laundry clean no longer has to subject your skin to the caustic chemicals in store bought detergents! Use these essential oil laundry formulas to clean, brighten, and clean your laundry the Essential Oil Green and Eco-friendly way! read more

14. K9keystrokes profile image82

New formulas for homemade Essential Oil Automatic- Dishwasher Soap! Eco-friendly recipes for making the dishes from the dishwasher shine! These really work great and have NO harsh chemicals.Green Cleaning at its very best! read more

15. naeemebrahimjee profile image64
    naeemebrahimjeeposted 12 years ago

A guide into some great cleaning techniques. Exploring how to remove common household stains such as wine, chocolate stains, coffee stains and many more read more

16. K9keystrokes profile image82

Eco-friendly recipes for cleaning the freezer and refrigerator using essential oils! Easy to make, and simple to use. No need for harsh chemical cleaners anymore! read more

17. carriethomson profile image48
    carriethomsonposted 12 years ago

Who doesn’t like a bathroom that looks squeaky clean and sparkles like it’s been newly fitted. Here are some cleaning tips for squeaky clean and sparkling new bathroom. read more

18. carol3san profile image60
    carol3sanposted 12 years ago

I do a lot of cleaning with vinegar.  I use vinegar for cleaning the mirrows, and windows.  It is very effective in killing molds too and for some serface bacterias.  Vinegar is a useful cleaning toll to use in the bath room and in the kitchen as well.

19. Chin chin profile image88
    Chin chinposted 12 years ago

Clothes stained with various substances need to be treated differently. This article talks about how to remove stains from clothes with careful consideration of the type of stain on the clothes. read more

20. Chin chin profile image88
    Chin chinposted 12 years ago

Indoor air quality may be worse than outdoor air quality. Know what you can do to improve the air quality in your home so your family can live healthily and avoid the risk of asthma and COPD. read more

21. zanaworld profile image57
    zanaworldposted 12 years ago

I love Simone Smith. She comes up with lots of good ideas. And this week, her weekend housekeeping activity gave us another inspirational topic to write about! Many hubbers have come up with many exiting and good tips.
    Everyone is talking about good housekeeping habit. Should those good habits be limited to your closet, or bathroom or kitchen? Well, shouldn’t you develop good housekeeping habits for your other homes – like your INBOX, your FACEBOOK, your TWITTER, your DESKTOP or your LAPTOP? read more

22. Denise Handlon profile image86
    Denise Handlonposted 12 years ago

Cleaning tip #1: if you can get someone else to do it, it frees you up for other things.  This hub explains the reasons why Maid Service is a good investment. read more

23. barryrutherford profile image76
    barryrutherfordposted 12 years ago

As a bachelor who has lived away from home since early in my teens I cannot remember a time when my washing was done for me. As a result I have developed methods to streamline the laundry process. To get clothes clean, really clean and of course... read more

24. H.C Porter profile image81
    H.C Porterposted 12 years ago

We have all had someone call unexpected and say  they are on their way over to visit. We have all been horrified at the way our home looks, and scrambled to clean up. Here is an cheat sheet as to what to do before the in-laws arrive. by HC Porter read more

25. GoodLady profile image91
    GoodLadyposted 11 years ago

Using old rags (re-cycled cotton items) to clean house, saves money, physical energy and time. read more

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)