jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

Do you clean your toilet bowl with a brush or a sponge/rag/etc?

1. Sharkye11 profile image95
    Sharkye11posted 5 years ago

Do you clean your toilet bowl with a brush or a sponge/rag/etc?

2. lainelongfellow profile image62
    lainelongfellowposted 5 years ago

I use a reusable toilet brush (nasty), but after I clean the toilet I double bag the brush and keep it outside in the shed.  I don't want that thing in my house!

Sharkye11posted 5 years agoin reply to this

That's a good idea. I used to keep mine in a container with bleach solution.

3. ekinternet profile image74
    ekinternetposted 5 years ago

You can use toilet bowl brush. However, bowl brush can scratch the toilet in a long run if not careful.  Using bowl swab is a good idea.

4. laidbacklady profile image78
    laidbackladyposted 5 years ago

Actually, up until about a year ago, I had the old "decorative" toilet bowl brush set in each of my 3 bathrooms. But after so long, I started thinking about that moisture I would always see in the bottom of the brush stand. You know what I'm talking about. That yucky water runoff from the brush after cleaning.

Anyway, I had seen the ad for Clorox Toilet Wand several times over many months. One day I was wholesale club shopping and spotted a starter set, which had an instant rebate that day. It came out to be way cheap, so I bought it and took it home. I have never gone back to the brush. I like being able to grab the wand, put on a fresh cleaner head, clean the toilet (it does a great job!) and then push the little button and drop the used head in the garbage. After which I take a Lysol wipe to the bottom end of the handle to wipe off the toilet water. The wand is then put back in its stand until needed again. And I keep the cleaner head storage section full so there is always a new cleaner head at the ready.**Amazon usually has a really decent price on the 36 ct. refill pack!!

I used to be a Saniflush purist, but no more. I like the modern touch on bathroom cleaning a whole lot better!

Sharkye11posted 5 years agoin reply to this

That sounds pretty great. I like the idea of disposing of the entire head. I know a couple of people that use sponges on the outside then inside of the toilet then throw the sponge away. I thought it was gross, but at least it was disposable.

5. cat on a soapbox profile image97
    cat on a soapboxposted 5 years ago

I  prefer to use a long-handled brush along w/ Clorox bleach.  A pumice stone works great for hard-water/rust stains.

6. FBNaturalR profile image61
    FBNaturalRposted 5 years ago

I typically start with a brush and some product like Comet or so.  Then I use a rag to wipe the entire thing.  If you have a new toilet and use a rag frequently, that might be all you ever need, but who cleans them everyday.  If you wait long enough, you get that ring where the water is, so I sometimes have to lower the water level and use a pumice stone to remove that ring and some of the stains where the water is coming into the bowl (there is some discoloration).

7. visionandfocus profile image70
    visionandfocusposted 5 years ago

One of those disposable scrubbing thingys that snap onto the end of a long plastic handle. They come off the handle with the push of a button, without you having to touch it after use. Anything non-disposable would be just plain gross.

8. puregrace profile image68
    puregraceposted 5 years ago

I like the toilet swab thing best...the brushes don't seem to get at everything (I clean our church building once a week). If the cleaning solution is good, it doesn't take much scrubbing. Then I use a rag to wipe everything really well that has been soaked in that pink cleaning solution.

9. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

toilet bowl brush with detergent and water. Then i add in dettol, distinfectant

working