jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

What is the best way to get blood out of carpet?

1. colorfulone profile image87
    colorfuloneposted 2 years ago

What is the best way to get blood out of carpet?

I have been trying to get blood out of carpet but it just keeps on coming back up in the fibers just when I think I have gotten it.

2. sallybea profile image99
    sallybeaposted 2 years ago

You could try brushing it first with a wire brush if the blood is dry and then apply hydrogen peroxide if it is available in your country.

colorfuloneposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Sally, I will give that a try with a wire brush and hydrogen peroxide (I have some). Thank you for suggesting that. And, I will let you know how it works.

3. The Examiner-1 profile image75
    The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago

Use cold water - not hot or warm - mix two cups cold water and a tablespoon of liquid hand dish washing detergent. If the stain is dried, then brush it well.
    Using clean white cloth, sponge stain with dish washing solution.

Never mix ammonia and chlorine bleach - it has hazardous fumes.
    Only ammonia needs well ventilated area.

Thank you for the recipe Examiner and the instructions. I have been using the hydrogen peroxide with some very good results. There's just so much blood to clean that it will take time, and possibly more applications later to get all the blood out.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image75
      The Examiner-1posted 2 years agoin reply to this

You are welcome Susie.

4. mary615 profile image92
    mary615posted 2 years ago

I use hydro peroxide for getting blood out of anything that is washable.  I used to be a Lab Tech and was always getting blood on my white uniform.     Just this morning, I got a bad scratch on my forearm and I got blood on my clean shirt.  Used it, and I have no more blood or stain.

That's a great testimonial, Mary. Thank you for sharing that. I hope you didn't scratch that arm too bad and that it heals up soon.

5. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

Susie, I see below you left the following comment.
    " I have been using the hydrogen peroxide with some very good results. There's just (so much blood to clean that it will take time), and possibly more applications later to get all the blood out."
    Should we alert CSI? Do you plan to be on the "ID" Channel?
    This almost sounds like you're describing a crime scene. LOL!
    If it's that bad you may want to either replace the carpet or go with wood/laminate floors. Best wishes!

Oh my, no its not a crime scene. I would go with a blood spatter pattern analyst, Dexter would do nicely. lol You got me laughing. smile

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
      dashingscorpioposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Just checking! :-)

3. LoisRyan13903 profile image82
      LoisRyan13903posted 2 years agoin reply to this

LoL!  I was going to ask the same about it being a crime scene.  I was going to suggest hydrogen peroxide as well

6. Patrina Breau profile image60
    Patrina Breauposted 2 years ago

You have to soak it in warm water with fabric conditioner. smile

working