jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

What's the best way I can get rid of VHS tapes?

1. Ann810 profile image81
    Ann810posted 21 months ago

What's the best way I can get rid of VHS tapes?

We have a closet full of VHS tapes, want to get them out as part of Spring-cleaning. We don't own a VHS tape-player anymore, obviously. All suggestions are welcomed.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13004098_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    Cissy1946posted 21 months ago

There are people out there that collect everything so if you really have a lot, the first thing I'd do is post them on eBay as a collection. If that doesn't work there's always craigslist or a yard sale. If you don't care about getting anything out of them there's always Goodwill or a local church charity. My final option is, I think, my best. Find a VHS player in good shape and keep the tapes.

Ann810posted 21 months agoin reply to this

Hi Cecelia, thanks so much for your answer. I will definitely use your ideas for getting rid of the VHS tapes after I convert them to DVDs. The tapes take up too much space, I'm keeping up with technology a bit slow when it comes to storing movies.

3. LoisRyan13903 profile image81
    LoisRyan13903posted 21 months ago

Cissy has an excellent answer.  If there are some movies you love, you can get a VHS to DVD converter.  I hear they don't cost a much and are pretty easy to do.  Plus a DVD/VCR combo

I agree Cecelia's answers are excellent. I guess we can start by getting a VHS to DVD converter, thanks for the idea. And then I'll do a couple of the suggestion Cecelia has given.

2. profile image0
      Cissy1946posted 21 months agoin reply to this

I converted about 450 of my VHS tapes to DVD then just ran out of steam. I would suggest pulling your favorites and convert them first. I started at "A" and still had some of my favorites in the "To Do" pile when I gave up.

3. Ann810 profile image81

Yea, I will convert the favorites, and then have my daughter to convert the movies they like. And for fun, might keep a couple tapes to remember how they  look in the future. My uncle used to remind of how he would play 8-track tapes in his car.

working