jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (16 posts)

Do you have a collection of VHS tapes and no player today?

1. tsmog profile image84
    tsmogposted 7 months ago

Do you have a collection of VHS tapes and no player today?

I do an laughed about it when looking in the cabinet :-)

2. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 7 months ago

No, but I have a crate full of vinyl LPs and no turntable to play them on.

1. tsmog profile image84
      tsmogposted 7 months agoin reply to this

Have you thought about the sale value of any? I had a collection until placed them in storage where they warped :-/

2. FatFreddysCat profile image98
      FatFreddysCatposted 7 months agoin reply to this

I scope out prices for certain ones on eBay now and again but aside from a few random pieces, I don't really have anything particularly rare or amazing. I just don't have the heart to get rid of them. smile

3. kj force profile image72
      kj forceposted 7 months agoin reply to this

you can pick up a record player in many second hand stores Goodwill..etc and they are available online....if that hekps....

4. tsmog profile image84

Good idea Kjforce!

3. Jodah profile image90
    Jodahposted 7 months ago

Yes, I have a collection of VHS tapes. I have a player but it doesn't work. Pretty crazy.

1. tsmog profile image84

I kinda' laughed when I realized how many I have. I am thinking of converting family ones like weddings to DVD.

4. shanmarie profile image79
    shanmarieposted 7 months ago

I used to have a collection of VHS tapes and cassette tapes, too. They were Disney movies so I didn't plan on disposing of them, but my home burned to the ground in September of 2012. We lost everything, including the tapes. It is kind of funny, but sometimes I wish I still had them because the vehicle has a tape taper player in it. And I do still have one VHS tape I need to copy to a DVD because someone else wants a copy of it and because I do not have a VHS player. It is a recording of a screen play we created in 7th grade for a school reading and writing project. Now that makes me laugh.

1. tsmog profile image84

I have Disney animated tapes I bought to be collectible. I wonder if giving ebay a try is worth it.

2. shanmarie profile image79
      shanmarieposted 7 months agoin reply to this

Probably not. At least, it didn't used to be worth or.

5. Venkatachari M profile image55
    Venkatachari Mposted 7 months ago

Yes, Tim. I do have both VHS and DVD tapes but no player. It was damaged long ago and we discarded it. We can view them by connecting to TV sets, but I am not interested in watching all those movies. My son views them in his laptop at times. I only listen to some audio cassettes with my player very rarely except the devotional ones which I play daily during puja time. Now, we have so much stuff in computers and mobiles and you can keep all those songs saved on the phone or computer for access from any corner of the world.

1. tsmog profile image84

SO true the marvels of computers and smart phones. I have cassettes for learning stuff and no player too. I guess I am a collector ;-)

6. alancaster149 profile image85
    alancaster149posted 7 months ago

You could build a patio wall with the video cassettes we've got left over. There's a load of kids' video recordings, a few blanks that have been recorded on and a batch of feature recordings. All my own cassettes were consigned to the bin and I've gone over to dvd recordings. 'Er indoors has a growing clutch of dvds as well.
    Found a use for vhs cassettes, Tim?

1. tsmog profile image84

I guess many of have them hanging around. It caught me off guard when I realized I don't have a player. I have a friend with hundreds of VHS cinema movies I use to borrow from.

7. kj force profile image72
    kj forceposted 7 months ago

funny you should ask... yes I have several tapes and at one time had a conversion that you placed the tape from video camera and you could play it in your VCR... and recently the convertor quit working...( was an internal rewind etc)  is no longer available on the market so my only recourse is to have ALL 32 tapes converted to CD ....  or whatever....OMG.. this will cost a fortine..as I cannot do it myself....I don't necessarily hate technology  BUT do hate the rate of speed and change...24-7......
    These videos are only about 14 years .....old....it's not like 20.....

working