jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

How can we use renewable resources smarter?

1. renewsmarter profile image60
    renewsmarterposted 8 months ago

How can we use renewable resources smarter?

2. Tusitala Tom profile image61
    Tusitala Tomposted 8 months ago

Fifty years ago this question had hardly been asked by anyone.  Today it is common to hear it asked.  So what has made the difference?

I recall, some forty-three years ago, having lunch in a park in Sydney where I could see an every-changing electrical sign.  The sign depicted just two sets of data:  the rate at which forests were being denuded worldwide, and the rate at which the world's populations was growing.   It was frightening to see how constantly and quickly the figures were changing.

So what can we do to use our renewable resourses smarter?   The very best way - and the biggest challenge - REDUCE THE WORLD POPULATION OF HUMAN BEINGS!

3. Terrielynn1 profile image93
    Terrielynn1posted 8 months ago

Here in Canada we are using them smarter. It started with replanted 3 trees for everyone that is used. Recycling more items than we ever have before. Even when it comes to shopping for food. We have more options to buy foods with less containers making less waste. Even the bags we use to take food home. We have gone back to paper or reusable bags. a lot of stores no longer provide plastic. I belong to a few buy sell and trade groups. It cuts back on what goes to the landfill. MY motto along with some friends is, Recycle, renew and reuse. I do my best to leave the smallest imprint on our earth as I can. IF we all do the same the impact would be huge. I even plant food to regrow from my food. Eat whats as local as possible and it takes less gas to get it to you. One or two things you do makes a chain reaction, causing a change of resources and what we need to survive. I guess if we consume less, we leave less behind and do less damage to the planet.

1. renewsmarter profile image60
      renewsmarterposted 8 months agoin reply to this

This is beautiful!  Thank you so much for your response and your ideas.