Really quickly there are some "Must Haves" on all water filters. This is an appendage of a previous article that provided more details on shopping for water filters.
- Product Seals: You need to make sure that the product is being validated by consumer-product rating companies. This is how you can easily avoid making wrong choices and not falling to scammers. Some great seals are, the Good housekeeping Seal, the ISO 9001 Seal, the CSA Certification, and the NSF International Seal. Other seals you can look out for are CE, and Energy Star. Seek out for water filters that carry all or more seals on them.
- Mechanical purification: This simply means filtering the water by taking out the toxins and substances already in it without adding anything new. If possible, have the filter water output measure on a TDS meter. TDS means totally dissolved solids; pure water standards are set to read 1-5ppm; 1-15ppm is good also. Do not settle for filters that read over 15ppm.
- Adding A Reverse Osmosis Unit: This is basically purifying water through a membrane system. It is one of the finest filtration tactics known. Take caution when purchasing a reverse osmosis unit because the cheap ones use up a lot of water and can end up increasing your water bill. It's best to have a reverse osmosis unit coupled with a whole house water treatment system. Having a small R/O by itself increase the work load of your R/O unit and could affect your R/O's warranty. Check with your provider.
- WARRANTY: Get a Water Filter or Whole House Water Treatment System that has a lifetime warranty. If you cannot find at least a whole house treatment system with a life time warranty then you can settle for 10 years, 5 years but never settle for 2 years. Plus, some systems let you add two names on your warranty. So you can add yourself and your spouse, or what we do recommend is add yourself and the next youngest person in the household â�� child or grandchild â�� that way your lifetime warranty transfers to the next generation. Neat trick isnâ��t it!
- Installation: If possible, and it is possible in some cases, there are whole house water filters that come with a free installation. Beware of those that let you install these filters yourself because we have noticed that with some, your warranty gets voided.
this is good information you should put in a Hub elielarrey.
This is plagiarized text. It shouldn't be here, or in a Hub.
by ngureco 8 years ago
How Do You Make Charcoal Water Filters At Home?If Possible You Can Also Compare The Advantages Of Charcoal Water Filters To Other Water Filters Such As Water Distillers, Ceramic Water Filters, Ultraviolet Water Filters, Magnetic Water Filters, Infra Red Water Filters, Catalytic Water Filters,...
by Laurennnn 7 years ago
what scientists are involved in designing the water filters
by Michael Willis 8 years ago
I thought I was buying the whole Windows 7 from Dell when I wanted to upgrade from Vista. I now find out that this is just an "Upgrade" which means that Vista is still on my hard drive, just with Windows 7 running. I have to keep Vista for 7 to work. Dell tells me that Vista is still...
|HubPages Device ID|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Google Analytics|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel|
|Google Hosted Libraries|
|Google AdSense Host API|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels|
|Author Google Analytics|
|Amazon Tracking Pixel|