Few factors that Influence tomato growth :-
1. Tomatoes grow best within a temp range of 55 - 85 degrees F. They can handle high temperature but are damaged by prolonged temp over 93 degrees.
2. They require nutrients that are which are properly balanced, easily absorbed and are rich in nitrogen.
3. Exposure to strong light for at least for 5 hrs a day is required.
4. If tomatoes are to bear fruit they need to be pollinated.
5. Extreme cold or heat, polluted air or soil, windy conditions hamper their growth.
6. They need adequate water, but make sure that they don't get drowned, avoid over watering.
Check out more details about vegetable gardening :-
http://advancednutrients.com/hydroponic … astier.php
You hit the nail on the head when you say indoor tomatoes need to be pollinated. Most beginners to indoor gardening forget this stage and then they wonder why all the blossoms fall off. You definitely have to get in there with a cotton swab and play the part of a bee, or else you'll have no tomatoes.
by Ben Zoltak 6 years ago
What plants for indoor gardening are most abundant?Which plants do best for indoors? My guess is tomatoes, onions/garlic and basil. But I would like to try more this year, it seems like peppers are a waste of space for indoor. Any suggestions?
by Barkley Rosehill 6 years ago
What are the best new tomato varieties to grow in 2012I picked up the gardening hobby a few years ago, and each year I try to find something new or unique to grow. I particularly enjoy growing tomatoes, and I use them in all sorts of recipes. Has anyone heard of any stand out varieties that I could...
by Natalie Frank 22 months ago
I keep seeing all these contests pop up as I'm looking at popular hubs to see what gets views. However, they are all at least two years old. Does HP still do contests of any kind other than the big yearly awards where there is some kind of criteria to meet (e.g. 5 HUBS in a week - i saw...
by Patsy Bell Hobson 2 years ago
Why do you grow tomatoes and vegetables?I grow vegetables because I like to know where my food comes from, prefer organic produce and I like to garden. It is a miracle to complete the life cycle from seed to sun-ripened produce to seed again. Plus you get tomatoes.
by nelsonmichaelr 7 years ago
List a least four factors that influence menu planning?The Menu
|HubPages Device ID|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Google Analytics|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel|
|Google Hosted Libraries|
|Google AdSense Host API|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels|
|Author Google Analytics|
|Amazon Tracking Pixel|