Here's the way I handle setbacks, as strange as they may be.
1) If God wanted me to stop, end everything, he would have done it.
2) Since God is letting me stay on earth, I try and see what is good in my life: health, mind, body in one piece
3) Do I have friends I can talk to - whether online or in person, makes no difference. I share with others what is going on, and then I listen to feedback.
4) While I'm going through the tough times, I remember I am not God. I do not know what the future holds. I have to rely on his judgement that I am worthy of being alive.
5) I do the best I can at the time.
6) I wake up and do something productive - like I was not going to answer this question - did anyways because what I do might help you, might not. My job is to put it out there to look at.
7) If I fail again, go back to step one.
Have faith, believe that you are capable of changing, brush yourself off and get back into the game, whatever your "game" is.
Life's a marathon - learn to enjoy the journey, not the destinations.
John D. Wilson