jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How to write a check

1. HubPages profile image
    HubPagesposted 8 years ago

How to write a check

2. Borsia profile image43
    Borsiaposted 8 years ago

At first glance I thought that someone was kidding asking about writing checks. But there are a few things to keep in mind.
    While checks are pretty self explanatory lets start with the date. If you are late making a payment don’t think that... read more

3. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago

Checks are used to pay bills or to buy goods or services.  According to Wikipedia, a check is a "negotiable instrument instructing a financial institution to pay a specific amount of a specific currency" read more

4. H P Roychoudhury profile image48
    H P Roychoudhuryposted 8 years ago

A check is a "negotiable instrument instructing a financial institution to pay a specific amount for a specific purpose. The writing of check should start with date, the person or company to be paid, the amount in word as well as in figure, with if any instruction to Bank, crossing the check by drawing two parallel lines at the left corner of check as well as crossing the word bearer and finally completed the writing by giving signature at the end of the piece of check.

5. prm.peddada profile image53
    prm.peddadaposted 8 years ago

I ADVISE YOU DO NOT GIVE AN BLANK CHECK TO ANY ONE ,NOW I SAY START WITH DATE COLUMN  , PAY TO WHOM YOU WANT TO PAY WRITE THE NAME OF THE PERSON AND AMOUNT IN FIGURES AND IN WORDS SHALL BE MATCH AND THERE AFTER PUT YOUR SIGNATURE ON THE BOTTOM ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE CHECK AND SEE THAT ALL COUMNS ARE FILLED IN . I ADVISE   DO NOT LEAVE CHEQUE BOOK SIGNED BLANK. IT WILL LEADS TO FRAUD AND FORGERY.

6. danielaridley profile image59
    danielaridleyposted 7 years ago

Writing a check is an easy way to pay for goods or services.  It is important that when you write out your check, you write legibly.  This is important because you want the business you are writing your check to, and the bank cashing your check and... read more

working