jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Have you ever tried writing a check on a blank piece of paper?

1. Ciel Clark profile image75
    Ciel Clarkposted 5 years ago

Have you ever tried writing a check on a blank piece of paper?

As long as all the personal information and bank details are there, any piece of paper should do.  I have never tried this-- have you?  It makes sense, but I can't picture this working at my local grocery store.  I might have to try it...

2. kschang profile image87
    kschangposted 5 years ago

checks have magnetic ink (MICR) in those account numbers. Regular paper won't have it.

1. Ciel Clark profile image75
      Ciel Clarkposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes, that is true--our printed checks make it easier.  But it is still possible to write a legal check on a blank piece of paper, as long as all the info is on there.  I just checked this out and seems to be legal. Can't see it working, but-anyone?

2. duffsmom profile image60
      duffsmomposted 5 years agoin reply to this

On paper or tickets that do not have the MICR encoding they can be hand encoded.  Banks have a special machine for it, or they can be put in a sleeve to get through the proof machine.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Not a blank piece of paper.  But once at the grocery store (before debit cards) was out of checks and they told me to write it on a deposit ticket.  Went thru just fine. Felt strange though.

4. profile image58
    LeilaniPaytonposted 12 months ago

I have never tried this because I frequently collect printed checks with modern and elegant design from https://www.checkomatic.com/business-checks/printed/ . It doesn’t only fulfill my needs, but become helpful in brand promotion too. Now days, we have different type of check papers to pick the perfect one from multiple options. I believe that ordering check with your company name and logo in bulk is money and time saving, as we can focus on the other aspect of the company for its better growth.

working