jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How do you start with an investment for stock trading?

1. prsalsa1 profile image55
    prsalsa1posted 8 years ago

How do you start with an investment for stock trading?

make money, profits.

2. ShortSalesMVP profile image60
    ShortSalesMVPposted 8 years ago

I am not sure  I fully understand the question, but I would say the best thing is to educate yourself about the security you are looking at, find out what's happening in that particular sector.  And I think you should start paper trading/ Virtual trading  the stock for a short while.  and you definitely would need a charting software, hope that help.

" Feed your mind daily, laugh Loudly, and smile when you are mad."

3. C.Ferreira profile image68
    C.Ferreiraposted 8 years ago

Do lots of research on a bunch of stocks that you might be interested in investing in!

You will want to look at the historical prices of the stock, recent news, company projections...the stock market is tricky, risky, and stressful, but a good investment can make you tons of money!

Do the research and maybe even hire a financial advisor!

4. anujagarwal profile image66
    anujagarwalposted 8 years ago

For stock trading, you must do a good amount of research, take a few stocks, do some research work for some days. You must also know your time horizon whether you wanna go for short term or long term, the potential of the chosen stock and sector. Set your targets for every stock, you may look at the below post to help you set the targets.

http://anujagarwal-info.blogspot.com/20 … rgets.html

5. ngureco profile image82
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

If you are starting in buying shares then there
    are a few technical analysis indicators that you will need to learn so that you
    can do it successfully. It is true you can start by looking for great IPOs and
    wait for the price of the IPO to shoot to... read more

6. electricsavant profile image57
    electricsavantposted 7 years ago

If it were me, I would start with ETF's. But that is me. This is a personal matter for you to discover.

They say that buy and hold is over in these days of depression. So I guess that suggests that you must trade in and out of stocks. To me it means to be well diversified and you can change the weighting of your holdings according to the times we are in. So you can buy and hold...its how you weight your portfolio.