jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

how do i live in my dreams?

1. ceokazat profile image57
    ceokazatposted 8 years ago

how do i live in my dreams?

what are the steps to attain greatness?

2. Lady_E profile image75
    Lady_Eposted 8 years ago

Simple. Take Action.  What would be the first step to move you towards that dream.

Example: if your dream is to fly your own Jet.  The first step would be to register with a school that offers flying lessons and take it from there.

Good Luck. (Dreams do come true, if you take action)

3. Quilligrapher profile image87
    Quilligrapherposted 8 years ago

4. r2moo2 profile image58
    r2moo2posted 8 years ago

I too am a man in the direction of my dreams.

The first thing to note is to know and be real with your circumstances and the difficulties that lies ahead of your dreams.

Too often we are dreaming but we are not realistic enough to make our first step towards our dream. Many crash and fall just dream-walking towards their dreams. It is almost sleep-walking your way.

Ignorance is not a bliss in this area. Many make un-informed choices and regret making it.

Being real and honest with your circumstances is not to discourage anyone, but instead to prepare oneself mentally ahead of the journey.

Second, know and be honest with your weaknesses and strengths.

While it's good to have a positive self-esteem in our abilities, many times we shy away from our weaknesses, thinking that if we cover our eyes from our weaknesses, our weaknesses would disappear.

It is not true, and where ever you go, understand your limits first before engaging yourself to better your limits.

Of course, knowing your strengths is a morale-booster. Work from your strengths, and seek help or remedy for your weaknesses.

Acknowledge that sometimes our weaknesses cannot be tackled by a solo effort. We need to have good people behind us as well.

Thirdly, understand that your journey ahead is not a test of mere talents, but a test of courage and spirit.

Trail-blazers can tell you that all they did was to persevere in their pursuit of happiness.

LIkewise let us understand this well.

Have an understanding that this is not a 100 metre dash, but a marathon. Pace yourself well, and don't be rushing too much in the pursuit of your dreams.

You might burn out before the race ends. Hence pace yourself and take your rest if you feel the heat of the race. Afterwards, run again.

Fourthly, with enough insights and knowledge about the challenges of pursuing your dream, and what you have with you as well as your weaknesses, start working towards your dream.

As a proverb goes, "Know thy enemy, know thy self." It came from a war strategem, which adds, "and you will experience victory in a hundred battles." (Chinese proverb)

Visit http://manga-journey.com/ where I am moving in the direction to become a semi-professional or professional comic artist. It is a blog where I journal my experiences down.

It may help you in your dreams, because I won't be only blogging about drawing and art, but also about the challenges I face in my journey.