jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Should you be mad at your significant other for lying about their credit score?

1. tanakasan profile image54
    tanakasanposted 8 years ago

Should you be mad at your significant other for lying about their credit score?

Lets say you want to buy a house together; they say their score is 720, but when you ask for proof, their credit report reads 509.

2. Muse Peggy profile image83
    Muse Peggyposted 8 years ago

I don't think you want to ask 'should you be mad' but is it understandable that you would be mad.  I think whenever you find someone has lied to you it is like you lost a little something in that relationship and it hurts.  It's now up to you to determine what you are going to do or not do about it.  How much you value honesty and integrity in your relationship is up to you.  You can't do anything to control any other person's behavior but you can decide your own reaction to it.  Good luck.

3. dabeaner profile image56
    dabeanerposted 8 years ago

If you don't get married, and -- horrors! -- live in "sin", there is no "necessity" to lie, as your credit is separate.

4. MomintheMiddle profile image54
    MomintheMiddleposted 8 years ago

hang on....slow down. we could be talking about a person who just did not know for sure or just had not checked it in years. credit scores are re-evaluated all of the time. if you have come this far with this person i think you owe them the chance to explain - and hear them out, don't shut down!

5. 2besure profile image82
    2besureposted 7 years ago

I think you should be mad at yourself for not requesting they reveal proof of their financial standing.