jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What are some tips for improving your credit score when no one will issue you a

1. CWanamaker profile image99
    CWanamakerposted 5 years ago

What are some tips for improving your credit score when no one will issue you a credit card or loan?

2. soconfident profile image83
    soconfidentposted 5 years ago

Try going to your bank and see if you can't make an arrangment. I went to Wellfargo and they set me up with a $300 credit limit and a year later I upgraded to an $800 limit.

3. Stush profile image71
    Stushposted 5 years ago

Credit scores can be a vicious circle. You may have trouble securing a line of credit because of your poor credit score but you have trouble improving your credit score because you have no debt history. There are several things you can and should, do to improve your credit score even without holding a credit card. read more

4. KevinTimothy profile image82
    KevinTimothyposted 5 years ago

One of the most classic ways is to apply for a secure credit card, secure it with funds, and use if for small purchases each 30 day cycle. However, you must pay off the balance (in full) before the cycle closes.

5. Rfordin profile image82
    Rfordinposted 5 years ago

Are you married? Have a signifigant other? If your partner has credit cards you could "piggy back" as an authorized user assuming he/she/they have good credit. That will boost your score. A secured credit card is also good idea. Orchard bank offers a secured credit card and your bank should also have an option for a secured credit. All of these things will take 3-6 months to show a positive impact on your credit profile but it's well worth it. Good luck.

~Becky

6. LoisRyan13903 profile image82
    LoisRyan13903posted 4 years ago

Keep paying your bills on time. Every time you make a payment, your credit will go up.  And you can go to your bank and ask for a loan for about $1000 but explain that you don't want to have the money.  You have them hold the money and then each time you make a payment, then you can free up some of the money.  And try for a secured credit card.  First Premier has cards like this,

working