jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

I was denied unemployment in Michigan, and I was wondering if I have a shot at a

1. profile image46
    jnelson769posted 8 years ago

I was denied unemployment in Michigan, and I was wondering if I have a shot at an appeal. I was at w

I was denied unemployment in Michigan, and I was wondering if I have a shot at an appeal. I was at work and left due to illness--my boss said it was ok for me to leave. The dr excused me from work that day due to illness. I came back to work the next morning and they fired me. My employer claims I left because some of our internet access was taken away.

My first determination was denied because they claimed it was misconduct, and I am waiting for an appeal.

Was this no the employers fault??

2. profile image0
    Jawa Lunkposted 8 years ago

ALWAYS APPEAL!

They denied me once too (I also live in Michigan) because my employer fired me, but because my employer was 45 minutes from where I lived and I was fired for being late, (weather and once my car broke down), they ended up giving it to me after the appeal.

You have nothing to lise here.

3. Ralph Deeds profile image60
    Ralph Deedsposted 8 years ago

From what you said, it appears to me that you are entitled to unemployment benefits and you should get an advocate and tell your story to an administrative law judge. The onus is on the employer to prove misconduct by first-hand, non-hearsay testimony at the ALJ hearing.

4. RNMSN profile image91
    RNMSNposted 7 years ago

Ralph is always right!!! your only problem is as already stated nonhearesay testimony...I remember when we had problems with internet for forever when it was new and we all wanted to shoot it or go home prefrably home and one nurse was written up for going to starbucks just to get on the internet! course, hipaa and all so I agreed with that but still you know?
    it has to be hard core nonrepfutable evidence! go for it...you have worked theere over 6 mo havent you?

5. frugalfamily profile image74
    frugalfamilyposted 6 years ago

So did you appeal?  I'm wondering if you got your unemployment.  It seems to me that you should.

working