jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why are some people very wealthy and some very very poor even though both work v

1. accofranco profile image83
    accofrancoposted 7 years ago

Why are some people very wealthy and some very very poor even though both work very hard?

2. kgnature profile image56
    kgnatureposted 7 years ago

What a thought-provoking question.   Here are a few things that come to mind right away when I think about the people I know who are successful and those who aren’t.

Accident of birth: People who are born into wealthy or influential families with lots of connections are going to have a much easier path to success that someone born into a poor family or in a community with few opportunities. 

Education:  A person needs to be prepared to take advantage of every opportunity that comes their way, and the best preparation is education. 

Lifestyle:  Drugs and late night partying lead to lack of focus and exhaustion.  Also, a reputation for a questionable lifestyle will limit the number of people willing to take a chance on you. 

Basic intelligence and reasoning skills:  It’s really not fair—and I know that life isn’t fair—but someone with low intelligence is going to have a hard time making choices that will help them get ahead in life and developing the skills they need to succeed.

3. ngureco profile image84
    ngurecoposted 7 years ago

Don’t worry, my friend. Even in a forest, trees of the same species are never of the same height.

The wealthy people do not work hard but they work smartly.

4. L3B0 profile image73
    L3B0posted 7 years ago

It's the background disadvantage often where I'm from. But I think mental attitude is another factor to this.

Closed to reply