jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

On what do we invest to get rich?

1. telltale profile image76
    telltaleposted 7 years ago

On what do we invest to get rich?

Should we invest in properties, commodities, shares or businesses in general to be able to get rich?

2. Sullen91 profile image78
    Sullen91posted 7 years ago

In general, a person should invest in what is connected to his/her aptitude, knowledge, or comfort zone that is based on familiarity.

By adulthood, most people know what they are best or really good at, or; they can at least be cognizant of the areas where they hold a relative advantage. Opportunities abound, waiting to be exploited by the opportunist.

3. MicahI profile image84
    MicahIposted 7 years ago

You should invest in whatever you know the most about.  Many times people will invest blindly based off what other people say, but if you don't know what you're doing yourself, you could lose everything. 

With that in mind, the real estate market is expected to jump start in 2011, meaning the time to buy should be between now and then.  I wouldn't invest in a small business until the economy revives, unless the business is some revolutionary new service/product.  Buying stocks generally won't make you rich over night, and there is the threat of the stock market taking another dive soon.  Commodities are extremely volatile, and I would not recommend you invest in them unless you are extremely knowledgeable about the subject.

All in all, I believe real estate and starting your own business is the quickest way to riches if you do it right, but again, don't invest in anything until you've done your homework.

Good luck!

4. share2wish profile image52
    share2wishposted 6 years ago

It depends on the circumstances and market scenario as well along with the amount of knowledge that you carry for each sector. Experience, Knowledge and Awareness are what make one a smart investor.