jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Aren't the Kontera links on article pages annoying?

1. jstankevicz profile image84
    jstankeviczposted 7 years ago

Aren't the Kontera links on article pages annoying?

Am I the only person that finds them distracting?  If you accidentally mouse over them while scanning an article you get interrupted. How does that help readership? Makes me want to quit that article.

Has anybody had a good experience with Kontera?

2. thooghun profile image83
    thooghunposted 7 years ago

I happen to agree with you, and despite my monthly traffic being a little on the shallow side to really make a concrete decision, I can't help but feel that my viewers will find the links both as distracting and blatant as I do.

I'm going with the golden rule on this one!

3. wychic profile image87
    wychicposted 7 years ago

They really irritate me...if I accidentally mouse over them, then I have to get rid of the little box that pops up and have, more than once, accidentally clicked on something else while doing that. I ended up deactivating Kontera on my account, since they have a minimum amount per month that doesn't roll over (unless they've finally changed that absurd policy) I didn't like it anyway. On another site where I write it's not optional and I get considerably lower traffic there...it could be the site, or it could be the site format.

4. dabeaner profile image57
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

Yes, they are annoying.  But so what?  For those that activate them, they want clicks and sales; they don't care so much about readership.  They are not about "helping" readership; they are about income.

A lot of people do Hubs and blogs for ego-boo.  But lots are doing it for the money.  The articles are the means to the money;  they don't care if you actually read an article or not.  They want Google to send you to their Hubs or pages, where you will hopefully click on or buy something.

Now, if YOU don't want them on YOUR Hubs, inactivate your affiliate info and/or make your Hubs "non-commercial".

5. Pcunix profile image92
    Pcunixposted 7 years ago

I won't usually read a hub that has them.  Hate 'em, would never want them on my stuff.

6. bm11100 profile image55
    bm11100posted 7 years ago

I don't like them either.  I experimented with them and Infolinks (which is almost exactly the same) on one of my websites.  They were more annoying than practical and bring in next to nothing in revenue.

Closed to reply

working