Have you ever had to pay the same traffic fine twice?

1. kentuckyslone profile image85
    kentuckysloneposted 7 years ago

Have you ever had to pay the same traffic fine twice?

I recently had to pay a fine for a traffic ticket that I had already paid over 4 years ago. Unfortunately I couldnt find the receipt. Has anything like that happened to you or someone you know?

2. lostwillee profile image60
    lostwilleeposted 7 years ago

This has not happened to me but your proof of payment should be in the court record.

Go to the clerk of court with your ID have them search for your name and then requst a copy of the disposition for the case. This record will be the proof of payment you need to object to any further payment.

3. Powerful Pierre profile image78
    Powerful Pierreposted 7 years ago

Yep I used to live in Northern Ontario when 1 weekend we went to S Ontario for a 2 week holiday where I got a $7.50 CND parking ticket at a meter. I paid by Credit card the same week in Niagara Falls put the receipt in my wallet and went home.  Appr 4 yrs later the cops are in my driveway wanting to take my licence for 72 hrs right away so I could pay the SAME ticket again but like you no flippin receipt, and now the fine was $18 + court costs. I was upset but paid it again. NEVER was re-imbursed. Have not been back there since either as I moved to BC Coast 2 yrs later. Stupid traffic laws huh?? BTW willie though that seems right at times it just ain't so  PEACE!!