I have been harassed by Barclays Partner Finance for non payment since Advent we

1. profile image47
    Angry1posted 7 years ago

I have been harassed by Barclays Partner Finance for non payment since Advent went bust

The worst part is my husband (was) the student - i was just a guarantor which i later found out meant id sign for a ?5k loan!! WTF??  I didnt have a clue the loan was in my name (my partner was paying the monthly installments) - the Advent sales person guaranteed the loan against my OLD address therefore i never received one single piece of information from Barclays Partner Finance about the loan!!  Ive tried reasoning with BFP but felt like i was chasing my a***!! The FOS couldnt help saying my hubby needed to contact them - pointless when BPF never heard of him! What can we next?

2. profile image45
    cliponutposted 7 years ago

i am in the same situation i guarteed a loan for my son to train with property professional which went bust. the loan is in your name not your husbands so any communication must go through you.
    write to bpf telling them this at the top of the letter in as large a text as you can put "complaint" this make it an officiall complaint and they have to deal with you .

go through the complaints proceedure but only communicate in writing . when they call which they will frequenty ,either ignore it or tell them when they ask for security info that you do not give this info over the phone. do not offer them any moneyeither in writing or verbally. i know its hard but persist, take the complaint all the way to the ombusman, it will take a while but be patient.

working