jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What are your tips to cut the day to day budget and save some money ?

1. sandun81 profile image57
    sandun81posted 7 years ago

What are your tips to cut the day to day budget and save some money ?

2. RogerAD profile image60
    RogerADposted 7 years ago

Probably the biggest one for me is to budget my money, especially when it comes to food.

By doing some shopping around and checking the different stores weekly shoppers, you can save a lot of money, but I think the key is not to get too hung up on one particular store/brand. Instead, in most cases, you should compare prices on the things you usually buy and go to the least expensive store.

Also, it is important to only buy what you need, because in most cases, when something is 2 for 5$, you can get 1 for $2.50 and it will work out better.

3. TonyShepard profile image58
    TonyShepardposted 7 years ago

I always take my time when considering to buy something. The urge to impulse buy is very strong. I think about the next six weeks and where I will see myself with something. As for day to day I try and get by with as little as possible. Making things at home from bulk items such as a 10lb bag of coffee. Making my own lunch at home.

This is all well and good unless you are like me and everyone else who has a very busy day every day. I not only have to budget my money but my time as well. Every moment is important so I try and not tell time pass me by. As my old Elementary school teacher once said, "Use your time wisely or it will use you".

4. sandun81 profile image57
    sandun81posted 7 years ago

Thanks everyone for the reply. They are good tips.

5. chellebelle1998 profile image59
    chellebelle1998posted 7 years ago

check out my blogs 'simple ways to save money each month' and 'couponing 101'.  They really helped me in a time where money was tight. smile

6. Jeff-Davidoff profile image58
    Jeff-Davidoffposted 7 years ago

Check out my HubPage about how to find bargains on Amazon: http://hubpages.com/hub/Great-Deals-at-Amazon

7. StitchesandScents profile image59
    StitchesandScentsposted 7 years ago

I plan my daily errands to be one big trip. I don't like to waste time nor gas going here and home and there and home. It takes too much time. You really need a plan in place before you start your errands.

8. akirchner profile image96
    akirchnerposted 7 years ago

really quick fixes are

don't smoke
    don't drink
    quit eating out
    avoid junk food like it was poison
    evaluate need versus want

these simple things will save you big bucks like 'now'

9. EnjoyYourLife profile image60
    EnjoyYourLifeposted 6 years ago

For myself, have found it helpful to use actual cash when buying anything instead of plastic (credit cards). By actually paying for items this way, you feel the "pinch" a little bit more realistically.

Another thing that helped was to cut down on transportation costs by working mainly from home. With today's technology, one could "office" anywhere. So I decided to do just that at home. It helps!