jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Who writes for those piece-rate freelance sites, and why?

1. Jed Fisher profile image87
    Jed Fisherposted 7 years ago

Who writes for those piece-rate freelance sites, and why?

Really, there's the ones that say they pay $8, then send inciteful critical feedback such as, "read the guidelines," as though they expect Pulitzer Prize material for $8. Then there are the ones where, it would take the skills of a college English professor to write the essays, and they are obviously for illiterate college students who want to turn them in as their own work. Really, who writes for these sites?

2. besthubs profile image70
    besthubsposted 7 years ago

Most people want to make fast money, and unemployment people raise up. They will do the writing work with few dollars, you can find a lot on market. For sure with $8, you can not write excellent article, but for normal article, a lot of freelance writers still want this job.

3. bulalo profile image59
    bulaloposted 7 years ago

I was doing that kind of work once for a little extra money.

So the answer?

Who = faceless people like me who can write some.

Why = money (some for fun).

4. Powerful Pierre profile image79
    Powerful Pierreposted 7 years ago

I do  freelance a lot at home, online wherever work is assigned because I enjoy the challenge of writing good stuff. As for guidelines you need them to get started no matter what you do. I would say to you don't knock it til you have at least tried it. Proficient people make good part time money, hurt no one and thru research educate themselves better too. TRY it!!

5. danielleantosz profile image73
    danielleantoszposted 6 years ago

i write for a content site like that.  The pay is poor, and the articles are not always ones I could write easily.  When I see a batch come through that I can knock out easily then I jump on them, if i will have to do a ton of research I skip em. I think I have made $250 in the last year.  It is a lot of work, and I usually write for them to fill in gaps in my work load.  And, the one I write for does not pay $8, they pay a little less than .01 per word