jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Can you recommend a good site for an online photo gallery?

1. Imogen French profile image84
    Imogen Frenchposted 4 years ago

Can you recommend a good site for an online photo gallery?

I want to start a website to use as a photographic gallery. Can anybody recommend a good hosting site - preferably free or inexpensive!

2. CraftytotheCore profile image82
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

I use Flickr.  What I like about it has has a scroll setting.  I placed a link to it in my personal blog so fans can quickly look up my latest art work.  I haven't updated it in a while though, but it is free.

1. skear profile image98
      skearposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I agree with this recommendation, Flickr gives you quite a bit of storage space too!

3. Jester98 profile image73
    Jester98posted 4 years ago

Flicker is prob your best. If you are starting a site and using wordpress check out the http://www.nextgen-gallery.com/

Its free and you can create some awesome galleries. The only issue you might run into is space if your pictures are large, but now a days hosting is so cheap you will prob be fine!

Just remember any site that you put your images on for free prob has some sort of ownership on them so just be careful thats all.

4. ChrisLingCheng profile image73
    ChrisLingChengposted 4 years ago

Like what the other two hubbers suggested, FLICKR is one of the best online. I used it before and did not have much problems. You could even upload videos and customize a lot of things about it (including the visibility of photos and videos).

5. ChitrangadaSharan profile image56
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 4 years ago

Flickr is good and the membership is free. I am using  it since last one year. But I think you should have a Yahoo account for that, which I have. You can also do so.

6. easylearningweb profile image93
    easylearningwebposted 4 years ago

There are a lot of websites such as Flickr mentioned already, and snapfish.com, but if you are looking for a free open-source program that you install on your website, you may want to check out Coppermine Photo Gallery. I learned of this program a few years ago when doing some research on open-source applications. Check out the website to learn about all the features: http://coppermine-gallery.net/

Hope that helps.

1. Imogen French profile image84
      Imogen Frenchposted 4 years agoin reply to this

thanks - I'll take a look

7. sitebuilders profile image82
    sitebuildersposted 4 years ago

I think you definitely need to consider using a website builder. There are both free and very affordable variants on the web ($5-$10/mo). However, when using a free version users need to display ads and usually they're not allowed to use a custom domain. I specialize in reviewing popular site builders, so you can visit my website to find the optimal software for your portfolio. Good luck!

working