jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

When is an ideal time to start saving for retirement?

1. Donna Janelle profile image72
    Donna Janelleposted 7 years ago

When is an ideal time to start saving for retirement?

2. profile image0
    TechTrendyposted 7 years ago

No time like the present. I started when I was 20 though. I want to be able to retire without actually having to work in my golden years.

3. Quilligrapher profile image87
    Quilligrapherposted 7 years ago

"When is an ideal time to start saving for retirement?", you ask? What time is it now?", I would reply.  The best retirement plan is to save as much as possible every week so that, one day, you no longer HAVE to work to survive.  The year you have enough to last until the grave is the year to retired. You will then be able to "work" at following your bliss. My advice? The sooner you can retire the more enjoyable it is.
    Q.

4. Alternative Prime profile image76
    Alternative Primeposted 7 years ago

As early as possible. Even someone who is not old enough to open a bank or investment account can still get the benefit of saving if their parents or parent understands the "Custodial" account.

The parent as Custodian can open up an account with a mutual fund company and save a little each month for the benefit of the child to be transferred over to the minor when he or she reaches legal age.

5. Kimberly Bunch profile image59
    Kimberly Bunchposted 7 years ago

Right now! Put away a little percentage each pay check...as much as you can.

6. Sullen91 profile image79
    Sullen91posted 7 years ago

As early as it is feasible and practical to do so.

7. Toran Sheftick profile image69
    Toran Sheftickposted 7 years ago

the best time is yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. timingtruth profile image68
    timingtruthposted 7 years ago

Start saving immediately:

The point here is to start sooner rather than later, sooner being immediately.  But, there's a catch-22.  How do I save if I don't know where to put my money? ... more on http://hubpages.com/hub/How-Do-I-Start- … Retirement

working