If i file my daughter can i get the full amount for her or should i let her fath

  1. profile image47
    flchamptonposted 7 years ago

    If i file my daughter can i get the full amount for her or should i let her father to get the amount

    I worked two weeks in march 2010 and was laid off now i have another part time job since july 6 2010 til present day of dec. 21 which is only one day a week. My little girls father has been working since aug. 2010 til present day dec. 21 and works every day. We are having disagreements about who should file i feel it will benefit me because she lives with me and i have all of her information. But if he files an get the full amount for her he will only give me half of the money.

  2. profile image47
    Amanda M.posted 7 years ago

    Me and my sons father has this "discussion" EVERY tax season...One thing you can do is maybe try to file together, another thing... i've never done this and don't know if it is allowed, you can go to H&R Block they will do your taxes with out filing and see how much you will get, and you decide if it is worth it for you to file, or him... you will have way less chance of owing if you claim a child and also my childs father tried that i'll give you half thing but one thing i'm worried about is i have medical insurance and everything for my child if someone else claims him will it mess with that because it's me on his papers.  My other view point i say to him is the child lives with me, i provide most the care and until you do the same i will get it and we don't split it ,also taxes you get back is part of taxes you paid out of your hard earned money claiming the child does not give you "money" it gives you that much of a deduction because of the expenses a child has. If he paid money to you as support he can claim that money and get a deduction for that while you claim her, and both get off with a somewhat "child" deduction Good Luck to you! i know it's long but i hope it's somewhat helpful.     (And also i don't give him the ss card or birth certificate, if he wants to push that hard to claim he can go through everythign to get them, mine always backs down lol)

  3. keithalston profile image62
    keithalstonposted 7 years ago

    see who would get the most money back  thin go from there and you should see if he can file the both of you just put you as disabled


This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)