jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How much money is enough to make you happy?

1. Libra Rajani profile image62
    Libra Rajaniposted 7 years ago

How much money is enough to make you happy?

A recent poll on Oprah said $75,000 is all you need to be happy. Anything more than that is too much. Most disagreed. Oprah said $100,000 is a better number. What do you think?

2. Pcunix profile image92
    Pcunixposted 7 years ago

I think it would depend upon where you live and other factors in your life.  A family of four might have some difficulty with $100,000, but it would be easier for them in some parts of the country than others.

It also depends upon your expectations. Do you need entertainment or travel?

We are all different, but the number is likely right in that ballpark somewhere.

3. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 7 years ago

I have made 1 cent on December 28, 2010 A.D. through google adsense. So I am only $99,999.99 away. Hahaha. Now that is funny. A little sense of humor there. It is true that I have made 1 cent. Hello Pcunix. Good to hear from you.

4. framistan profile image56
    framistanposted 7 years ago

I have had jobs that paid $10.00 per hour and jobs that paid $32.00 per hour.  More money did not make more happyness.  When you live WITHIN-YOUR-INCOME and are able to pay your bills... that brings happyness. When you want MORE and more... it ends in NEVER finding happyness.  A really good book to read about this is "Your Money or Your Life" by Joe Dominiquez.  In that book, he says, "Money is life-energy."  Money represents a piece of your life you gave for the money.  And he gives a plan to escape the not-happy trap -- by living on less ... while still being happy.

5. simplymoneyboy profile image60
    simplymoneyboyposted 7 years ago

$100000 Will Make us Happy, but not for lifetime, since they will be spent very soon because those are for once.

But, if we invest $100,000 and get  $5000 Per Month, Then, Happy Will become Happiest Person in the World.

6. profile image0
    Kommadantposted 5 years ago

$3,150,000.  That is my end goal in life. It seems like a very large amount, but it is enough for me to live off the interest that it'll provide, leave money for my grandkids, and donate to charity.

7. wjlambert profile image76
    wjlambertposted 4 years ago

I'm currently using an investment firm that pays roughly 10% per year.  At that rate if I had $500k invested with them, I would pull about $50k in interest.  That would be enough for me, because it would pay my current expenses and free me up to do what I'd rather be doing.  Inventing

working