jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

How much money is enough?

1. RolyRetro profile image83
    RolyRetroposted 5 years ago

How much money is enough?

Assuming basic needs are taken care of, and you own your own home, what would be your measure of "enough money" to not have to work any more?

2. ZIa Ahmed khan profile image79
    ZIa Ahmed khanposted 5 years ago

Human beings are greedy, if they one mountain of gold they will ask for another. This is human nature. What ever is there will not be enough. It is more important how to manage in the available means rather than running after more.

3. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

Enough to live a comfortable lifestyle. Right now we do that with my husbands salary but we are still paying off things. I'd say to make me happy $20 to $25 thousand a year. To keep my husband happy we would need twice that because he likes to travel. I am very use to living a budget life style and like to make money stretch but still enjoying it.

4. RichardPac profile image83
    RichardPacposted 5 years ago

It really just depends on what you want out of life. Some are content with a few books and a small cabin in the woods, other want a beachfront mansion. This isn't really anything anyone but you yourself can answer.

1. RolyRetro profile image83
      RolyRetroposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think I would be happy if I didnt have to worry about money any more,  whatever that amount would be.  I suppose I wont know that until it happens (if it happens!),

5. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

For me it would be a good cushion in the bank in case someone got very ill.  Also the ability to pay for good health insurance.

If my home is paid for, I really just want to be able to maintain my basics in life, good health care and a little for emergencies.

6. daborn7 profile image79
    daborn7posted 5 years ago

Well of course that would depend on where you live and what your use to, but for me, I plan to buy a home in southern Mexico, so after that is paid for, I think a nice cushion would be about 10k a year.

That would cover any emergency or anything else that came up. Actually, 10k a year in Mexico would allow someone to live like a king!

7. sayus2884 profile image56
    sayus2884posted 5 years ago

sky is the limit. you will never tell if it is enough because if you do tell that it's enough, expect that you'll meet up with debts.

8. cheaptoys profile image59
    cheaptoysposted 5 years ago

money is never enough LOL...well most people say the magic number is $10k a month