This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

How much money would it take to make you completely satisfied?

1. drpennypincher profile image93
    drpennypincherposted 5 years ago

How much money would it take to make you completely satisfied?

What amount of money would it take to make you completely satisfied?
    If you won $100,000 would you wish you had won $1 million instead?
    If you won $1 million but had to pay half of it in taxes, would you you wish you had more?
    Is there an amount of money that would completely satisfy you and you would want nothing more?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7917941_f260.jpg

2. John MacNab profile image82
    John MacNabposted 5 years ago

Half a million would do me nicely thank you.  I'd pobably give most of it away anwyay.  Better make that half a million - after taxes.

3. Tealparadise profile image91
    Tealparadiseposted 5 years ago

No.  There's no amount which is enough, because there is always something else you can do with it.

If you have 1,000 you can have a shopping spree and live "above your means" for a while.

If you have 10,000 you can get a decent car.

If you have 50,000 you can pay off an average debt.

If you have 100,000 you can pay off a mortgage and buy a second house.

If you have 500,000 you can invest enough to stay comfortable forever.

If you have 1,000,000 you can donate half and still be comfortable.

If you have 5,000,000 you can donate and still live like a star.

If you have 10,000,000 you can set up your whole family and all your friends for life.

If you have 15,000,000 you can start your own charity working on the world's problems, plus all of the above.

If you have 20,000,000 you can push for lobbyists and whatnot to try and sway the government to your side.

etc etc etc.  There is always more.

4. profile image0
    athurionposted 5 years ago

If the person has gratitude, he will be satisfied no matter how much the money is.

5. Emmyboy profile image83
    Emmyboyposted 5 years ago

A million dollars will do it for me.

After prioritizing my needs, and sorting out my most immediate needs, and finally putting that greed to bed, I know that one million is it!

6. skinsman82000 profile image83
    skinsman82000posted 5 years ago

With an ever-inflating currency, I think I'm young enough to say I don't think I can afford to be satisfied.  Maybe 1 billion dollars?  It is hard to say what currency will be become in the next 50 years.

Then spend that money to become somewhat self sufficient where I dont need a steady paycheck to survive the future no matter what would happen:

1. Solar/Wind Power
    2. Grow/Raise Food

7. christinebbr profile image66
    christinebbrposted 5 years ago

Yes, A million dollars indeed is fine! I can do a lot of charity with this funds and help many people. For now, I'm working hard to give as much as possible.

8. liesl5858 profile image87
    liesl5858posted 5 years ago

Good question drpennypincher, for me I will be happy if I got enough money to live on and pay for bills. I would like to have a little bit of saving to use when I need it for emergencies. That's all.

9. John Smith CB profile image60
    John Smith CBposted 5 years ago

Money & Power can't satisfy men. Don't know about others.

10. bydojo profile image81
    bydojoposted 5 years ago

I don't want millions, I just want us to afford a decent life. Which we actually afford right now. We both work at our own businesses, we travel whenever we want and are also debt free. I don't expect any inheritance or lottery money, I'd just want us to be healthy so that we can do what we're currently doing wink

working