jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

What is the best financial decision you ever made?

1. JenSet profile image59
    JenSetposted 7 years ago

What is the best financial decision you ever made?

2. profile image65
    Josh and Lindseyposted 7 years ago

To pay off debts and stop wasting money money on things like eating out three-five times a week.  We thought we were free to spend, but now we have much more freedom.

3. profile image0
    fordieposted 7 years ago

Buying a house just before a boom.

Worst decision was not selling another house until just after prices collapsed

4. solar10 profile image59
    solar10posted 7 years ago

Did not invest my money in a Ponzy investment

5. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 7 years ago

Quitting my job. It's funny, but when you know exactly when the next bit of money comes in, no matter how little it is, most people seem to think that means you don't have to really plan ahead. Since making the move to freelancing online full-time, I have been much better at budgeting, sticking to a budget, and making sure that I keep my emergency savings account well-supplied at all times unless it really, truly isn't possible.

6. Ashantina profile image60
    Ashantinaposted 7 years ago

Buying my property....................................

7. eddiecarrara profile image94
    eddiecarraraposted 7 years ago

The best financial decision I ever made was buying a 3 family apartment building at the bottom of the market with a down payment of $3500 then selling at the top. Time to do it again, everything is on sale right now :0)

8. Variety Writer profile image61
    Variety Writerposted 7 years ago

To leave my old job and start an internet business.

9. profile image52
    mfwalden004posted 7 years ago

leaving my last job and starting my own company.

10. wealthseeker profile image61
    wealthseekerposted 7 years ago

Taking care of my own stocks and bond and not let financial adviser make choices for me. I am making more now.

11. thehatter profile image72
    thehatterposted 7 years ago

Going back to school to get my master's degree.  It got me out of the grind for two years, helped me become much more professionally ready for the business world, and my salary is twice what it was before I went back to school in 2005.

working