jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What’s the biggest impulse purchase you have ever made?

1. eclecticme profile image84
    eclecticmeposted 6 years ago

What’s the biggest impulse purchase you have ever made?

Did you regret it or were you happy with your decision?

2. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 6 years ago

A home in Wenatchee, Washington, for $324,000.

Despite the place turning out to be a true white elephant money sink, my income sinking steadily for the following year, and me abandoning the place entirely in the end--turning it back to the seller and running like a rabbit with a fox in its tail from the lady who is now ex-wife #6....yeah, I was happy with the decision.

It cost me an arm and a leg, but it was crucial in helping me decide to get out of the marriage, so that was good.

I was able to practice some real estate buying tactics I'd studied, bought it with no down, no credit check, and got cash back at closing, so I proved to myself that the tactics were functionally realistic.

Would I do it again?  Oh, certainly not!  LOL!

3. Sam Dolloff profile image59
    Sam Dolloffposted 6 years ago

a .38 special revolver for $400.  Not as big a purchase as the house mentioned above but big to me, and I am very happy with the purchase smile

4. Ania L profile image84
    Ania Lposted 6 years ago

An eye laser operation for £3300 smile
    After 10 or more years of pondering about shoudl I do it or not - I've seen an offer for a free eyes test to check if they are suitable for the surgery. And I've signed up for it at this very appoinment and had it done a week later without informing anyone - I was so scared I didn't want others adding to my fear.

5. edhan profile image60
    edhanposted 6 years ago

Thai amulet that costs $40,000.

But it is worth every cent of it as it gives blessing to my family all these years.

It has been more than 20 years now and there is no regret whatsoever for spending the money. I do believe that everyone in their lifetime will somehow make one or more impulse buying but not all are good decision.

Nevertheless, I feel that when you buy at impulse, at the very moment you have the joy inside your heart. I think that is what it matters at that moment. Sometimes we do regret for the action but since you were feeling great at the moment of purchase, it should be good. At least it lasted that moment of time.

6. whoisbid profile image75
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

I guess buying useless internet property on an online auction. I did not know it was useless until much later. What did transpire from this is that I became smarter and I am now much better at appraising internet property,