jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

When do you plan to give your child a cellphone? Or when did you give your child

1. the50marathons17 profile image85
    the50marathons17posted 7 years ago

When do you plan to give your child a cellphone? Or when did you give your child a cellphone?

2. KnowShaileshtr profile image34
    KnowShaileshtrposted 7 years ago

whenever my child touch it passionately. It may be any age. child them self know their best. I will only co operate.

3. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

i don't. kids don't need more influences to take their minds off being a kid. my 16 year old got her cell on her birthday but my 6 and 11 year old will be waiting for a while yet.

4. raki leola profile image54
    raki leolaposted 7 years ago

No I wont give them.. they can buy it in due time. They do'nt need it for they are still young. When they become matured enough and knows the good and bad effects of cellphone, they themselves will decide if they are ready to have one. They have to work for it to value it and use it for good purpose.

5. bman3725 profile image60
    bman3725posted 7 years ago

I gave my two a cell phone after they were able to prove to me they were able to take care of one and use it appropriately. I gave my two one mainly to keep up with them, know where they are at all times and also they can be used in case of an emergency to triangulate where they are. Kidnap victims are found this way more and more these days.
    As for them being a distraction that's only if they let them plus its how they are raised too. They should know just like adults when to show respect and be courteous to others while using them or have them in your possession. For instance mine txt like crazy going to school or church but while they are there the phones stay in my car.

working