jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Difference between a hubber & writer

1. travel_man1971 profile image76
    travel_man1971posted 7 years ago

Difference between a hubber & writer

This is my general question as I wanted to write on your successful career both as hubber and writer. What's the difference between the two?

2. noyon_ku profile image56
    noyon_kuposted 7 years ago

Every hubber has a hubpage account but every writer has not.

3. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 7 years ago

And, adding on to what noyon_ku said, not every hubber is a writer either. Some people are on here trying to make money, but really don't know much about or enjoy writing. I think the majority of people who stay here for any amount of time are writers, but not all.

4. Jeremey profile image59
    Jeremeyposted 7 years ago

The difference between the two from my opinion is the reason behind the writing and what is hoped to be gained from it. Hubbers are hubbers and well, writers are both.

5. profile image0
    ellie.wposted 7 years ago

I think it's like a ven diagram with some overlap.  Writers tend to have a broader subject range and style; writers also write for print, while hubs are limited to online forms.

6. profile image0
    loriamooreposted 6 years ago

In my opinion, a hubber IS a writer. 

I think anyone who uses the written form, literary arts if you will, is a writer.  Writers include technical writers, newspaper reporters, authors, bloggers, reviewers, academic research writers, and many, many more.

Just like some writers write for their own intrinsic gratification, so do some hubbers.  Other writers write articles for magazines strictly for monetary compensation, as do some hubbers.

Some of the hubbers here use this merely as an outlet for their artistic expression, such as the poetry hubbers.

That being said, some hubbers aren't very good writers.  You'll notice that a large number of hubs are absolutely horrible both grammatically, stylistically, and in content.