This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (16 posts)

Do You Think Money Is 'Everything' In Life?

1. BerKing profile image57
    BerKingposted 6 years ago

Do You Think Money Is 'Everything' In Life?

For example, can it buy 'love', 'friends', 'a home'. Are you money motivated or just let life flow?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5109328_f260.jpg

2. crescentaurora1 profile image63
    crescentaurora1posted 6 years ago

Maybe a little of both, without money the people that you love, your home, ect will be left wanting. I think money is important, people are more important.

3. Azure11 profile image91
    Azure11posted 6 years ago

I don't think money is everything - as long as you have enough! Even just enough to cover bills etc so that you don't need to stress and worry over how you are going to get by. Essentially it can buy you all those things - for example I went through a period where I could not afford to do anything - including going out at all - so in that sense there was no way I was going to meet people so money could have bought me friends, love etc (possibly). But once you have enough to get by then there are so many other things that are more important :-)

4. LittlePayday profile image58
    LittlePaydayposted 6 years ago

Money is not everything but it certainly helps to have enough of it - it cannot buy love but it will buy a roof to put over the head of you and your loved ones.
    True friends will like you for who you are, not how much money you have.

5. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 6 years ago

No, money is certainly not everything.  The Bible says that "the love of money is the root of all evil."  God gives me the money I need.  He has shown His faithfulness over and over again, providing for me.  This has increased my faith in Him.

6. loonyBG profile image61
    loonyBGposted 6 years ago

I agree with you guys, money is not everything, but without money is sh ** y smile To be precise the money give a kind of freedom. We are not a slave to credit and the rat race, we are able to pay bills or afford for a short vacation.

7. profile image24
    crystalpowellposted 6 years ago

Absolutely. The only people who say money is nothing is people with money. It takes money to make money and it takes money to live. Everything in this world revolves around money. Even my children in their sweet innocence asked me the other day if we could go bowling. They are 4 and 5 by the way. I told them that i didn't have the money and they suggested i go to the bank and get some. I told them that people like me don't just walk up to a bank and ask for money unless I want to be in trouble.

1. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

AMEN, AMEN, AMEN!  Money is INDEED EVERYTHING!

8. pen_addict profile image57
    pen_addictposted 6 years ago

Money isn't everything. It's important but not everything. According to Eskimos, you are rich if you are loved, and have intelligence and health.

gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Love does not put food on the table nor a roof over one's head!

9. profile image0
    jasper420posted 6 years ago

most defintly not money is nothing to me ya you need it to live but i would never sacrafice anything i hold dear to get money

10. Guanta profile image72
    Guantaposted 6 years ago

No, I don't think money is everything in life, but it does help if you have it.  Over the years I have faced difficult situations, and I must say that if there is a little money around it eases ones anxiety level.

I'm not saying that money replaces God, it is just that in this realm, it is easier when one does have a little money.

gmwilliamsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

It helps to have a LOT, not just a LITTLE.

11. tHErEDpILL profile image88
    tHErEDpILLposted 6 years ago

Money is the root of all evil.  before it was create human beings were a different breed.  After it's initial birth into existence it has caused man to do unspeakable things all in it's name.  Money is going to eventually cause the death of the human race as we know it.

12. profile image0
    rorshak sobchakposted 6 years ago

Money is not everything to me in life. Unfortunately in most countries especially in America you need a-lot of it to have a comfortable life. I believe if one does not make over $30,000 a year one can't live comfortably.

13. Swiss Jones profile image51
    Swiss Jonesposted 6 years ago

I do believe that money is really close to being everything these days, but it is not. Money is one of the strongest powers in the world, and for some people money is the only thing that matters.

working