Why won't some people realize that money is THE MOST IMPORTANT thing in our soci

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (92 posts)
  1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 8 years ago

Why won't some people realize that money is THE MOST IMPORTANT thing in our society

and culture?  What is their bases of their animus against money?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8302373_f260.jpg

2. chuckandus6 profile image79
    chuckandus6posted 8 years ago

Money is important for necessity but not all we need is necessary, like love friends and family, they keep our heart's happy and our minds healthy.

gmwilliamsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Love.family/friends DON'T put a roof over one's head, provide food on the table, or offer a socioeconomic cushion for hard times. MONEY DOES THAT!  Family/friends can desert you but money NEVER does!

2. LoisRyan13903 profile image61
      LoisRyan13903posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Money can desert you if you are not wise in it-like bad investment, stock market crashes or have emergencies such as unexpected car crashes, loss of job and so on  You should do a hub on this

3. chuckandus6 profile image79
      chuckandus6posted 8 years agoin reply to this

if they are true friends and family they wont desert you,no matter what even if they wanted to they could.

4. gmwilliams profile image84

Lois, one must be prudent regarding savings and investments.  If one earns a lot of money, please save & invest it.  Don't spend it foolishly. Sadly, so many nouveau riche do this.

5. LoisRyan13903 profile image61

Totally agree Grace.  I think that was the point I was trying to make about being wise and not to spend, spend, spend.  Basic rule of thumb try to build savings up to 3 months living expenses

6. Kiss andTales profile image61
      Kiss andTalesposted 8 years agoin reply to this

This example was proven during the great depression.  People must never forget history of events that could return, already certain diseases have made a return, all these things are telling us something.

3. peeples profile image93
    peeplesposted 8 years ago

They are naive! Children without money can't be fed or clothed, if children can't be fed or clothed they get taken. The main reason for divorce is money. Without money we can not afford the things our children and family deserve. Money makes the world go round! Money DOES create happiness.

MONEY DOES INDEED CREATE AND FACILITATE HAPPINESS.  THE MORE MONEY, THE MORE HAPPY, PREACH ON...

2. claptona profile image67
      claptonaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Actually, I've met quite a few people that do not have money and get by just fine the way they want to.
      Limited knowledge does not make it so.

3. peeples profile image93
      peeplesposted 8 years agoin reply to this

BIG difference between getting by and being happy! How could someone enjoy their friends and family without money for car, gas to get places, food, dinners out, movies, clothes, shoes? All that stuff costs money! It's the key to enjoying the rest.

4. claptona profile image67

Not everyone in the world needs a car to visit friends.
      Again, limited knowledge of the world is limiting thoughts about money and life.
      You ever read about the expansion of the west on horses and wagons. God, how could they have survived?

5. peeples profile image93

I'm sorry. I live in the USA naturally my opinion is based on the part of the world I live in. Not a country of bartering anymore! That time has come and gone. Now EVERYTHING involves money in one way or another!

6. claptona profile image67

Well, unfortunately for you young people, you are going to see a time when all the stuff you love will be very hard to come by.
      Depression of the 30's will be nothing like you'll experience in the near future.
      Have fun, kiddos.

7. gmwilliams profile image84

Peeples, you must have money in order to live a decent life.  Money is needed for travel, going to restaurants, and things beyond the rudiments.  People who have a poverty & scarcity mentality DECRY money. Why do they HATE what is dear?!

8. claptona profile image67

If you need money in order to be happy, then it's only logical that you're an unhappy person.
      If you have money, that will not change.
      Cry and shout out as much as you want, but money is not a necessity for happiness.
      Happiness comes from within.

9. gmwilliams profile image84

Peeples, money is very important.  One needs it to live a quality life beyond the rudiments.  Anyone who believe that money isn't important have a poverty & scarcity mentality.  What makes people hate what is so dear?!

10. peeples profile image93

Go ask some homeless people who are living without money how happy they are. The only "stuff" I love are the things that make my life complete with my family, but that stuff is bought with money!

11. gmwilliams profile image84

Peeples, some people live in a fantasy world.  They haven't grown up yet.  Yes, ask an impoverished and/or homeless person if money is important.  They will say HELL YES. Money is THE MOST IMPORTANT thing, believe it or not!

claptonaposted 8 years ago

The answer to your question is obvious.
    Money is NOT the most important thing in our society.
    If you look at money - it is no different than a tree, a chicken or a cow.
    It just replaced those as a form of trade.
    The problem is that since "consumerism" is bought into by so many people, the idea of doing without anything is considered an abomination.
    If you look at the great minds and philosophers of history, I can't think of one that was "rich" with gold, silver or money.
    In fact the great thinkers knew money was a distraction from what they really wanted to do.
    Used wisely and for good reason, money is an excellent form of barter.
    But, that's all it is and all is was ever meant to be.
    Nothing truer has been said than, "Money can't by you love or happiness".
    Love, kindness, charity and understanding are much better things to work on than garnering a lot of money.
    Like the banksters and the politicians, when is enough money, enough?
    Would you rather deal with a man/woman that is consumed by love, charity and understanding or a man/woman that is consumed by gathering wealth?
    I'll chose the first set of characteristics I would like to have in my friends and associates.
    Cheers

1. dashingscorpio profile image80
      dashingscorpioposted 8 years agoin reply to this

"Money can't by you love or happiness".
      I've never met anyone who was broke and happy about it.
      Love & happiness can't put a roof over your head or food in your stomach, pay your medical expenses, or transportation. Money is a required to sustain

Maybe you're limited in the scope of experience.
      Many people who live in Latin America get by with no money at all, throw parties and have a great time.
      Don't need money to grow food and brew a cocktail, if in the right location.
      Experience.....

3. gmwilliams profile image84

Concur w/Mr. Dashing.  Money BUY$ happiness and LOT$ of it. Anyone who believes that poor people are happy need a WAKEUP call. Poverty is a socioeconomic aberration & pathology. Money means a BETTER, QUALITY life.  I don't believe what I'm hearin

4. dashingscorpio profile image80

The U.S. Government gave a total of $250M to Latin America & Caribbean (general region) in 2012: We continue to give billions of dollars to countries around the world! Countries receiving handouts shouldn't spite wealthy nations that help them.

5. gmwilliams profile image84

Dashing, the same people who glorify being poor are the SAME ones who beg for money.  What John is uttering is pure nonsensical conjecture. Money is a good thing indeed. If people were happy being poor, they WOULDN'T beg/ask for money,hmmmm......

6. chuckandus6 profile image79

i agree that i was raised in valuing people family and didnt have much of anything but i am still valuing the important things now and very happy and my husband is happy and i have nothing but happy memories of my childhood

5. liesl5858 profile image84
    liesl5858posted 8 years ago

For me, money is just a means to get by in this world. We need money to pay our bills to keep a roof above our head, to put food on the table and money is the reason we go to work. It is not the most important thing in our society though. God  and family are the most important in our society. We need God to guide us in our daily life. Family to me is the next important thing in my world. I love my family and I miss them.

1. dashingscorpio profile image80

Too many folks think it's an "either or" scenario.
      You can be rich and have a loving family!
      You can be rich and believe in God!
      There's a real difference between living and "getting by". Financial security means freedom and having options.

2. gmwilliams profile image84

Mr. Dashing, there ARE those who have atavistically negative attitudes about money.  This attitude reflects that reason why so many people are socioeconomically in a constant state of poverty, struggle, and.....LACK.

3. LoisRyan13903 profile image61

I heard that if you make less than 100K a year, you are actually poor.  We make between 60-70K.  Don't feel poor

6. dashingscorpio profile image80
    dashingscorpioposted 8 years ago

It's ingrained in us that money is "evil" or the pursuit of it is "evil".
    However as old Rev. Ike use to say:
    "The (lack of money) is the root of all evil".
    It's not by coincidence that the most impoverished neighborhoods have the highest crime rates! Having money means having options.
    Not having money means you have to "take what you can get"
    It's been said that one of the reasons divorce rates are higher is because (women) have better career opportunities and higher wages than previous generations of women had. Those women in the past were financially dependent on their husbands.
    The more options one has the less crap they will put up with!
    There's a real difference between staying at the Motel 6 and Ritz Carlton, a private hospital versus the county hospital, a personal attorney versus a court appointed one, receiving bills and having money to pay them as opposed to receiving bills and no way to pay them, dying in the privacy of your home with private duty nurses or in foul smelling nursing home.
    If you have a job where your boss mistreats you and you have over year's worth of income in the bank odds are you're more likely to move on than if you're living paycheck to paycheck.
    Simply put you don't have "F you!" money. Financial independence offers a sense of freedom like no other.
    Whether someone agrees or disagrees with Donald Trump for example his being a multi-billionaire allows him to speak his mind without apology. He's not going to have to knock on the Koch brothers' door begging for campaign contributions. He has his own money, mansions, jet, and helicopter.
    This in no way qualifies him to be president of the U.S. but it does liberate him from having to dance to someone else's music.
    Even Christians/believers are taught prosperity verses such as "The lord is my shepherd and (I shall not want).", " What things (soever ye desire), when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them." "Every man also to whom (God hath given riches and wealth), and hath given him power to eat thereof, and to take his portion, and to (rejoice in his labour; this is the gift of God)." Being "fruitful" isn't just about having children.
    Money is not to be worshiped but it's a tool that is required.
    The Beatles once sang "All you need is love." Afterwards they jumped in a limo and sped off to their private jet. There is no virtue in being poor. "Money matters." smile

This is the SECOND BEST answer, now that is what I am talking ABOUT, PREACH, PREACH, PREEEACH!

Only reason it's second best, you've ingrained in your mind that money IS the most important thing.
      Too bad.
      There's so much more to life.
      Time is always a tough teacher.

3. dashingscorpio profile image80

John you mistakenly assume just because money is a top priority means people don't value other things as well. Time is what taught me just how important it is to have money to live in comfort and have options!

John, wake up to the real world.  Money is THE MOST IMPORTANT thing. Money opens up options. It is the difference between living a primitive, subsistent existence & living a civilized life. Wealth is GOOD, POVERTY SUCKS!

5. profile image0
      PeterStipposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Money buys you a presidentship, money bails you out if you've committed murder,if you've got money you can have good medicine for AIDS if your poor you die. Do you think this is a good society to live in? A society where money discriminates?

7. Readmikenow profile image94
    Readmikenowposted 8 years ago

I once spoke with a very wealthy man.  He told me he never worried about money, even when he started his business.  He only worried about doing the best possible job for customers each day.  He said the money then came to him.  He didn't value money, he valued doing a good job. He told me if he lost every penny he had today, he'd get it back in just a matter of time.

1. claptona profile image67

That's the key to life, Readmikenow.
      Do a good job, and get rewarded.
      Do it for the money, and you'll never be much good.

Hello, MONEY is IMPORTANT, VERY VERY IMPORTANT.  Money means less stress Money means more freedom to live the way one wants.  This is not Utopia or Fantasyland. This is the real world where money talk$ and $peak$ volume$.Money means respect !

3. claptona profile image67

Grace, from what you write, if you don't have money, you can't be happy.
      If that's the case,and you need something outside yourself to be happy, inside you must be very UNHAPPY!
      Look on your computer to see happy people who're poor..
      Not hard.

John, you can live in poverty & scarcity all you want.I DON'T have a poverty & scarcity mentality. I believe in socioeconomic abundance & I am happy.  Don't push your poverty consciousness on me. I love money & what IT symbolizes. POV

5. claptona profile image67

Grace, you're the one who asked the question.
      You wanted everyone to think like you.
      Now your upset because someone points out that money is NOT all that important.
      If you don't like the answers, don't ask the questions.
      Love your money.

6. gmwilliams profile image84

Intelligent, aware, & educated people who have been in the work world KNOW that money is THE MOST IMPORTANT thing in life. Without money, one would live under a bridge on the social periphery in society, being spat on & see as a persona non g

8. Chriswillman90 profile image91
    Chriswillman90posted 8 years ago

Money is extremely important: I mean why else are people working for 60+ years if it didn't matter. Why else would people get up early in the morning and work 12-16 hour shifts for multiple jobs if it didn't matter. Without money you can't live in this world. People kill for money and they die because of money.

Why are we trying to become writers? I mean sure we love to do it but we're also hoping to be compensated for our hard work. It's sad but true although money still isn't everything. We've seen what happens to wealthy people when other things don't add up.

Money can't replace honest, caring relationships and passion for things we love to do.

1. claptona profile image67

I'd say 25% to 30% of the worlds population lives without money, cars, heat, A/C.
      I'm in Honduras right now, and people are as poor as dirt.
      Yet at night I hear laughing and music played for free.
      You've been sold a set of false ideas.

John, John, GROW UP. Money is the main thing in life. Ask homeless people. Money is needed to have a decent standard of life beyond mere struggle & subsistence. Please read an economics book, John, thank you so much.

3. claptona profile image67

Grace, I'm not trying to change the way you think.
      You want to love money, go right ahead.
      But, your premise about having to have money to be happy is wrong, whether you like it or not.
      No skin off of my nose what you believe.

9. LoisRyan13903 profile image61
    LoisRyan13903posted 8 years ago

It shouldn't be idolized.  Having money to feed the family, having money for clothes have a house over the head plus money to pay heating, electricity and repairs, transportation costs back and forth to work, school, grocery store plus having money saved up for retirement, that is all that is needed.  While it is good to have money for wants sometimes it gets out of hand when all some people do is spend, spend and spend and not any money left for emergencies.  But if you are in an unhappy life, even if you have all the money in the world it would not matter

So you don't believe in having money for luxuries, travel, going to fine restaurants, and pursuit of the finer things of life. So you believe in living a very rudimentary existence....hmmm.

Your question was "Money is the most important thing in life, why don't people understand that"
      Not, would you use extra money to go to fine restaurants and get a better home.
      One can be happy without luxury - which you do not think's possible

3. LoisRyan13903 profile image61

Why go to a fine restaurant when I can make it at home?  A lot healthier.  We travel not a long drive to Lake Ontario and love to camp, don't always have to stay at resorts.   Highest Priority-God + Jesus

Don't you want to experience different cuisines?  Don't you want ambience and the finer things of life?Well,some people have a poverty mindset, consciousness, & psychology. As my late father stated, some people are satisfied with NOTHING!!!

5. Kiss andTales profile image61

Ec 2:8 I accumulated silver and gold for myself, the treasures of kings and of provinces. I gathered male and female singers for myself, as well as what brings great pleasure to the sons of men—a woman, yes, many women.verse 15 , this is futility.

6. LoisRyan13903 profile image61

Just because I would prefer to eat at home than go to a restaurant doesn't mean I don't have the money for it.  Same with luxury cars.  I am quite happy with my Chevy Impala and will stick to that for future as well and maybe mustangs

7. gmwilliams profile image84

I am all for saving and investing monies.  So many unwise people SPEND to be quite sorry later, even going into bankruptcy.  That's foolish. Splurge but in MODERATION.  Wise words, Lois, wise words.

8. LoisRyan13903 profile image61

Thank you.  Hubby and I were in Buffalo.  Went to a steakhouse at the hotel and walked right out after seeing the prices.  $80 a meal.  Went to a local bar to eat, yummy under $20 for both of us

10. Kiss andTales profile image61
    Kiss andTalesposted 8 years ago

It is the way you view money, 1Ti 6:10 For the love of money is a root of all sorts of injurious things, and by reaching out for this love some have been led astray from the faith and have stabbed themselves all over with many pains.

Mt 6:24“No one can slave for two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will stick to the one and despise the other. You cannot slave for God and for Riches.

Heb 13:5 Let your way of life be free of the love of money, while you are content with the present things. For he has said: “I will never leave you, and I will never abandon you.”
    money comes and goes with the wings of eagles
    But our God and Father is for eternity.

1. Kiss andTales profile image61

Ec 2:11 But when I reflected on all the works that my own hands had done and on all the hard work that I had toiled to accomplish, I saw that everything was futile a chasing after the wind.there was no true value under the sun. King Solomon words.

2. GNelson profile image61
      GNelsonposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Worship of the Green Goddess is America's most popular religion.

11. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 8 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8215833_f260.jpg

Money is the most important thing in our society and culture.  Our economic system is run by money.  In fact, money is the determining factor of our economy.  Money in fact, rules the world.   That said, money makes people's lives easier.  The more money a person has, the more varied options and life choices h/she has for himself/herself, his/her children, and future descendants in addition to other family members in need.

Money affords people a better standard of living, health options, and more educational opportunities.  Money means financial independence and it is the ultimate symbol of self-reliance.  People who are wealthier have more independence than those who are poor.  People who are wealthier can call their own shots while those who are poor exists on the behest of others, especially the government.  Money and wealth means longer life as one have the options of premium nutrition and the best, top of the art health care.  With money and wealth, one can take better care of one's elderly loved ones when/if they become frail and are unable to take care of themselves.   Money/wealth also provides future generations with a leg up and a financial legacy for their future.

Wealthier people are happier than poor people.  They can travel, live in the best areas, and associate with better class of people.  Wealth means everything.  It means living a human, civilized existence instead of a primitive, animal-like existence of constant struggle, poverty, and......lack.   Money is the be all of our existence.  Societies cannot function without money.  Wealth makes everything runs smoothly and greatly elevates the quality of family life, friendships, and other relationships.  Anyone who maintains that money is not important is living in a make believe, fantastical, and schizoid world.  I should have written a hub on this!

1. LoisRyan13903 profile image61

Well said but people who are poor have just a good of a chance of getting better educational opportunities because they can get financial aid.

You aren't using a logical premise. You're saying what I, Dashing, & Peeples are saying but you REFUSE to see how money is important. If being poor is SO good, why get financial aid.  Do without & bear it! Poverty causes dependency, GET REAL!

3. Kiss andTales profile image61

Grace we must remember Jesus was offered all the riches and glories of the world , he was not poor , but he set the example , we are never alone even if we have little now, Jesus rejected the wealth of satan and his world order,Mathew 4:9 .

What you are saying is beyond illogical and into the realm of ludicrous.  There is nothing wrong with wealth and the accumulation of wealth.  I CAN'T believe the illogicality of what I am hearing!

Grace if satan offers it to you something is wrong with It ?
      Lu 4:7 If you, therefore, do an act of worship before me, it will all be yours.”
      Did Jesus take his offer ? No!
      Because he did not we have a future not death eternal.

6. gmwilliams profile image84

I am in THE TWILIGHT ZONE here.  Wealth is not satanic. Such ludicrous ideas are the reasons why many people are poor.  Being poor is evil,HAVING wealth is NOT, WAKE UP WOMAN!  GOOD GOD, get real and grow UP, STOP BELIEVING IN FAIRY TALES!

7. LoisRyan13903 profile image61

Well I paid my way through school with money and serving in the military, no financial aid because way above the poverty line.  True some poor people take advantage of it by getting welfare.  May not make as much as you but okay with what I make

8. Kiss andTales profile image61

Solomon had it all as listed in scriptures earlier but he called it all vanity,as chasing the wind if you have it you have to maintain it , you have to make sure no one cons you out of it ,rob you or befriend you for it. How can you live stress free

12. GNelson profile image61
    GNelsonposted 8 years ago

So money is more important than fresh air and clean water and the American people.  The worship of money is the only true religion in America.  Most of Our politician bow to those with money and ignore the rest of us.  They let our children die,  they ley pollution occur for profit, they tax the poor and middle class and cut taxes on the rich, some corporations don't even pay taxes because they ship their profits overseas while workers are taxed before they even get their money.  It goes on and on and many of us bow with the politicians and ignore the bridge that fell.

Money runs and rules societies.  It is the impetus for better standards of living and progress.  Money MAKES THE WORLD GO 'ROUND...

No matter what one says, Grace is of the mindset that life is not worth living without money.
      Alternatives are NOT what Grace wants to hear.
      The propaganda machine in the U.S. has worked well on her.

3. gmwilliams profile image84

John, one CAN'T be happy w/o money.  Just ask a homeless person.  For a person your age, you have a utopian naïve perspective on life.You probably were a failure regarding educational & career attainment. Successful people don't think like you..

As I said before, no matter what one says, Grace's mind is made up.
      Screw any alternative lifestyle, screw anyone who's poor and happy.
      In Grace's mind you have to be sad without money- no if's and's or butt's!
      Poor people - be sad! smile

5. GNelson profile image61

The worship of money is bringing America down but if money fills your fantasy than enjoy the downfall.

13. brakel2 profile image73
    brakel2posted 8 years ago

I don't think that money is the most important thing in our society. I am not saying we don't need money, but that it is not the most important, and that other things can be put ahead of money. Love, family, religious belief, honesty, good health are all more important than money. If you want to change the question to "Do we need money to survive in our society"?, the answer would be in the positive. Money would never be the most important thing in my life. People that worship money don't have much other than greed and riches. They may never have love or satisfaction in life.

I certainly agree Audrey,also have money failed citizens before ?
      Yes , notice. when the Great Depression reached its nadir, some 13 to 15 million Americans were unemployed and nearly half of the country’s banks had failed. 
      Many committed suicide

14. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 8 years ago

Work is more important than money.
    Money is only symbolic of work that is done.
    Work done with Skill, Knowledge, Wisdom and Creativity is more important.
    It  has more value and produces more symbolic money.
    Reliability, Fairness, Trustworthiness and Discernment all adds value to work.
    Money only represents work and the values with which the work is done.
    Work done with integrity is more valuable than the symbol of it's value.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image91
      Rochelle Frankposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I also believe that family, faith, a clean earth, peace, humanity etc are more important as well, but work gives value to the symbol of money. The creator is more important than the created symbol.

15. profile image0
    PeterStipposted 8 years ago

Money is NOT the most important thing.
    You've got people with lots of money and they are unhappy and you've got people with no money at all and they are unhappy too.
    Happiness has to do with other things, like friendship,feeling of being part of a group, be abe to give and share love. Things that you can not buy with money. You have to learn these aspects in life itself.

I live in Spain on the countryside and people do not have much money here. But they share what they have, swop cloths and barter. Everybody has an allotment here and nobody buys vegetables nuts, olive oil or honey. It comes from the land.
    Of course you need some money for Internet,gas and other stuff, but it's not much. But for all my friends money is NOT the thing to live for.
    You live to inspire and help each other and have a laugh together.

Societies are not based on money but on relationships. A society can do without money, there are plenty of examples of tribes who don't have a money system. But a society can't do without helping each other and maintaining relationships, even chimps know that, they have social structures in the group, are happy or sad and don't have any money.

Great example Peter especially the example of chimps, you certainly have proven the truth in your example.  Thank you.

2. chuckandus6 profile image79

good point if one got shipwrecked on an island alone would you long for companionship first or material things?

3. Rochelle Frank profile image91
      Rochelle Frankposted 8 years agoin reply to this

The last thing you want on a desert island is a pile of money-- might make good tinder, though.

4. profile image0

I guess when your alone on an island besides food and water you hope to find companionship, may it be a bird,a rat or a plant you can take care of.

All good points , I love the shipwreck example, because your life is far more important then paper or currency,  it is only good for trade to another human, if their is no one to trade for services then what !
      Money is a temporary thing.

6. profile image0

true Kiss and Tales, the help of a stranger on the street you dont buy with money. Asking the way,asking train information, etc. if you think of it you do more things for others without asking for money then you use paid services.

7. Kiss andTales profile image61

Very true Peter and you bring out an important fact, kindness,  generosity,  hero's are not bought, 911 was a great example, money helped , but as the disaster hit who was thinking about money ! It was about saving lives.

16. Kylyssa profile image90
    Kylyssaposted 8 years ago

People are against the worship of money for its own sake because it leads to injustice. When the law can be bought, money is the thing it is bought with. A lot of people are offended by the buying and selling of justice and human lives.

The exchange of goods, services, resources, and labor are more important than money, or at least they should be. Human lives should also be more important than money.

Past a certain point money becomes an impediment in a society because the abuse of it, like the abuse of religion, encourages Social Darwinism. Money in its original and useful form is a marker, a symbol that stands for goods or services owed, nothing more. When people forget it's just a fancy IOU, they tend to start valuing it for itself. When it becomes something people value more highly than human life it is a handicap to a society rather than a benefit.

You can literally get away with murder, rape, theft of millions of dollars, and many other crimes if you are wealthy enough.

1. GNelson profile image61

It is a sad situation but money rules.  American politicians care more about money then they care American people.  The price we are paying is a lot more than a few holes in the road.  I like your comments.

2. ChristinS profile image41
      ChristinSposted 8 years agoin reply to this

This^

17. profile image0
    brandonbutlerposted 8 years ago

Money Is Money And God Is God. Trust In Money Or Trust In God Who Created The Heavens And The Earth.

Very true Brandon , money is valuble but limited,  like a table game of poker chips , those chips only hold value between you and the players at the time the game is played , once the game is over , the chips have no value at all, money is the same.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)