jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Are stocks a good way to build income over a period of time with dividends?

1. mrpudgy profile image85
    mrpudgyposted 6 years ago

I have messed around with stocks a bit over the past little while. I have heard that they are a great way to build an income through dividends.  What is your take on it?

2. MicahI profile image84
    MicahIposted 6 years ago

Dividend-paying stocks have been proven to outperform other types of stocks over the longterm (typically 10+ years). They are indeed a good way to build income if done correctly. 

If you plan on investing in dividend stocks, make sure to setup a dividend reinvestment plan with your broker.  Also, dividend stocks can suffer from capital losses, so make sure you do your research!

Good luck!

3. ZIa Ahmed khan profile image81
    ZIa Ahmed khanposted 6 years ago

It is one of the options available, but definitely should not go beyond 20% of total portfolio on Investment. It generates income but there is downside also, looking at this 20% is the maximum allocation for stocks.

4. profile image44
    rosemarypaulposted 6 years ago

Im Mrs.Rosemary Paul from Atlanta.i know how it feels like to be in stress.I needed a loan badly as a single parents when i lost my husband in an auto crash.I needed this money for the Purpose of business.i could not find anyone,not until a friend directed me to UK NATION loans.i was granted 55,000 Pounds without stress.since then i have promised to advertise for them.If you are in need of urgent finance get to them on ukloanslimited1@live.com here is their number +447035909751

working