jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is this a scam, and how does it work. Email I received is attached

1. chefsref profile image82
    chefsrefposted 6 years ago

Is this a scam, and how does it work. Email I received is attached

Can someone explain this? I received this via email, think it's some kind of scam but don't get the point.
    Hi,

I have read your articles published and found them really compelling & interest arousing. I am also a writer with emphasis on technology. I am interested in getting my high quality content published online under your name and profile with a link inside the content. If you are interested then let me know how can I send you my articles for review? These articles will help you elevate your profile and benefit me as well.

I can assure you that I will provide you original quality content

2. keepitnatural profile image72
    keepitnaturalposted 6 years ago

I do not see why this writer would not build a profile of his own? Check out the links & see what he means?

3. J.S.Matthew profile image83
    J.S.Matthewposted 6 years ago

It sounds like a scam to me! Why wouldn't they just create their own account? Perhaps they are trying to get you to plagiarize or maybe they will promise to pay you and not follow through. Sounds fishy to me; I'd report it as Spam.

JSMatthew~

4. kschang profile image87
    kschangposted 6 years ago

The only reason they would ghostwrite articles for you is

* They've been banned by HP or somehow cannot create account

I honest can't think of another reason.

5. WhatBigJohnThinks profile image75
    WhatBigJohnThinksposted 6 years ago

I learner an old proverb years ago by a very wise man, "Do not except gifts that show no reason for giving. They will be not be gift but poison."

6. profile image0
    erikjohnsonposted 6 years ago

I think they are doing this because they think it is too much work to be a part of the community so they can elevate their scores to get the Do Follow Links.  They want to get the instant links.

working