jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Has your 2011 Black Friday experience changed your mind about materialism? If so

1. Born2care2001 profile image75
    Born2care2001posted 6 years ago

Has your 2011 Black Friday experience changed your mind about materialism? If so, how?

2. Steve Orion profile image78
    Steve Orionposted 6 years ago

I've always been sickened by blatant displays of materialism, so, if anything, Black Friday has reaffirmed my beliefs.

3. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

It hasn't really changed anything. Just confirmed my beliefs. People always want more and more. They cannot seem to be satisfied. Also, they are crazy when they want something.
    One lady in my city stood in line for 6 hours. Once she had a full cart of electronics she purchased them then turned around and said, "I need these more than you guys because I just lost my job".
    The best part of the story? I laughed at her so hard I hurt in minutes. She has provided me entertainment for the next week with her foolish decision!

4. Born2care2001 profile image75
    Born2care2001posted 6 years ago

Frankly no, it has just enhanced my characterization of our consumer oriented society as one that would be better served by returning to producing a product(s) and laying off the greed!

working