jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Are you planing on doing any shopping on Black Friday?

1. Goody5 profile image71
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

Are you planing on doing any shopping on Black Friday?

I was just curious about your take on all of this, because I just returned from shopping and it was a mad house out there.

2. bankscottage profile image96
    bankscottageposted 5 years ago

You bet!  I'm going down to Giant Eagle to get some gift cards (and the gas perks that go with them) and coming back home, right here to this computer and do my shopping.
    I am happy that I live in a small town that only has a Walmart, Giant Eagle, and a few dollar stores.  We don't have all of that craziness that goes on with traditional Black Friday shopping.
    Anyone from here that wants to do Black Friday shopping has to go to your town (or countless others) and help make the atmosphere there more crazy and the atmosphere here more peaceful.  No madness here.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image97
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

Two words: "Hell" and "no." I worked in retail for several holiday seasons so I've witnessed the Black Friday Beast first hand, I don't ever want to experience it again!!

1. CWanamaker profile image97
      CWanamakerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Agreed.  It's all Hype anyways.

4. Abluesfornina profile image69
    Abluesforninaposted 5 years ago

No, no and no...actually after listening to a financial analyst on the radio last week, I found out , "Black Friday" is a term designed to get the consumers attention first as it lures us into spending our money, the second reason I'm not going out is because of what you just went througn  The good sales are in February also I like shopping on line much better.

5. profile image0
    CJ Sledgehammerposted 5 years ago

I always lock my doors at home, but on Black Friday's I also employ the deadbolt...just to be sure. :0)

No, this is one day that I gladly sit on the sidelines and let those far more adventurous than I...do their thing.