jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Have you noticed That Black Friday Shopping in has become less crowded over last

1. chuckandus6 profile image77
    chuckandus6posted 2 years ago

Have you noticed That Black Friday Shopping in has become less crowded over last couple of years. ?

2. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

Yes because there are several "Black Friday" like sales that occur well before the traditional Black Friday as well as stores opening up on Thanksgiving night. There is also "Cyber Monday" which allows people to do most of their shopping online without having to leave the house or stand in any lines. A lot of shoppers have also figured out some of the best deal are around December 19th. If you know what you plan to buy you can also look for deals throughout the year.

1. chuckandus6 profile image77
      chuckandus6posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thats interesting,I wonder if having these sales like black friday ahead of time,makes the.stores lose profits.

3. sockii profile image79
    sockiiposted 2 years ago

I refuse to go out shopping on Black Friday so I don't have first-hand experience. But I do think that perhaps people are getting tired of the mania and how ridiculous it has become - stores opening at midnight or even earlier on Thanksgiving, so people can't even spend time at home with their families on the holiday in the name of a "bargain".

I think also the competition with online sales is making it less necessary to deal with the crowds in the shopping malls and mega stores.

4. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 22 months ago

Yes, because people have seen insane mobs to get the one of only five TVs marked down at the promised price, while everything else is a jacked up price that you have to stand in line for 5 hours to buy.
    So it is an over-hyped rip off, so why bother.
    And if you do want the deals, you can comparison shop more logically online - hence the growth of Cyber Monday even as Black Friday has gone down.

working