jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

If you use software to do your taxes, what do you use?

1. LoriSoard profile image75
    LoriSoardposted 6 years ago

If you use software to do your taxes, what do you use?

I've always used TurboTax, but they are so expensive. However, as a freelance writer and web designer, I do need a software that allows me to input my sole proprietor business income/expenses etc. I also need something easy to use because we live in this complicated world where my husband works in another state and pays two county taxes and we get part back, etc. Ack! Just wanted to get some other thoughts. Thanks.

2. manu6076 profile image71
    manu6076posted 6 years ago

I think quick book is the best one. But there are many freeware available at

This is a CNET site with lots of freeware.

Best luck

3. LoriSoard profile image75
    LoriSoardposted 6 years ago

I thought Quick Book was for tracking income/output. Does it also have tax filing capabilities? If so, I'll need to take another look at it. That would be nice to have everything together.

4. Liz Green Berry profile image74
    Liz Green Berryposted 6 years ago

My husband and I always use the web based Tax Act - even for years when we had complicated self employment situations.  We've used H&R Block and a couple of different accountants and I never trusted them the way I trust myself when I input our own information at TaxAct.

5. hawkdad73 profile image68
    hawkdad73posted 6 years ago

Not sure other than TurboTax. I have used TurboTax for the last five or so years.  The first time I used it, I had to make sure I did everything it was so quick.  I love it.